Pure Grey T6.1 Dsg Highline

Paul Gray

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Not put much on the forum but always on here having a nose. :)

So I have just sold my T6 Kombi after 3 years and loved the van so decided to trade it in for a T6.1 and will post some pics up tomorrow.

First impressions are it seems to be more refined and steering has a nicer feel. My T6 did have 18" wheels and B14's and if I'm honest I was never a fan of the B14's, they seemed crashy and made the van feel less quality if that makes sense. I work in London everyday and do drive around with five lads and a fair bit of kit. Interior is another level and wireless Car Play is great, but lack of storage compared to my T6 which had the comfort dash and a few more places to hide paperwork. I love the soft closure on side and back door and the side door catches are a great improvement to open and close. I made sure this one had LED headlamps as my T6 had such poor light with the H4 bulbs but upgrading to the TransporterHQ headlamps was a big improvement.

I've only had the van a week but does seem a nice upgrade but looks pretty dull so a few mods are on there way :D So far I'm thinking:
19" Black Gloss Wolfrace Dortmund alloys with Nexen 255/45/19 tyres
H&R 40mm springs
Koni Active dampers
black side bars
black badges
Spray front grilles in black gloss
Raceline front splitter
VW genuine rear tailgate spoiler

Will post a few pics as I add bits to the van. I do like Pure grey but looks pretty bland at the moment so will get upgrading a soon as I can. :)

Paul

Glad you are impressed Paul - I've got a T6.1 on way too , 199 4 Motion in Indium Grey and my 'to do' list is very similar to your proposed enhancements . Might just stick with a set of 18 inch Sportlines though.

Yes I wasn't too sure whether to stick with 18" but hoping the active dampers will help with 19". Love the indium grey which I had on my T6 but felt I needed a change. Enjoy the extra power and the 4motion I'm sure it will be great :D

I'm interested in this thread. Just ordered a pure grey 6.1 kombi 4Motion DSG. I'm adding a gloss black rear spoiler and side bars but keeping my 18" steel Amaroks with AT3S
Test drive was on 20" wheels but must admit the ride was far superior to my current T6.
Steering was brilliant.

That’s interesting Danny so 20’s felt ok? What was the suspension setup? I was also thinking gloss black or carbon rear spoiler but wasn’t sure if it would look right, would like to see one in the flesh.

The dealer had lowered it 30mm using the OEM set up.
It totally changed my opinion on lowered Van's with big wheels. I thought of carbon but once you start I think you can go overboard.
Once I get mine we can swap photos.

I'm hoping to have my Koni Active shocks and 40mm H&R springs fitted next week.

Only mod so far is a World of Carbon rear bumper protector

Looking great Paul .... makes me desperate to collect mine ! I'm probably going to opt for the Eibach adjustable Comfort Springs .

They have already brought out slightly altered ones for the T6.1 Paul as the T6 springs are a different fit . That's according to my local builder who is going to do my proposed 'enhancements' .

Thats interesting I thought my H&R springs I had on my T6 would fit my T6.1. Looks like Eibach it is then. Apparently the T6.1 rides quite well with just the comfort springs and standard shocks but still think its worth changing the shocks too.

You probably are aware already Paul (I wasn't but am now) that the adaptive cruise also needs re-calibrating when van has height adjustment .

No wasn’t aware of that. What happens if you don’t calibrate it does is still work or become a safety issue?

A great looking Van, assuming it's a T32 with your proposed tyre size, I'd also consider 275/40/19 tyres. (I changed form 255/45 to 275/40 and wouldn't go back.)

Hi Paul.

Would be great to see some photos. I've just taken delivery of my T6.1 T28 199 4Motion (LHD French spec), With so many upgrades options available it's a minefield, especially relating to suspension, springs, shocks and wheel setups etc. Plus the French don't have the same love for tweaking vans as us brits, so this site is my go to for info.

I was also looking at 19" wheel options but running 265/40/19 102xl tyres, this seems to be close to stock overall tyre diameter (+1.1%). But I see very little mention of this tyre size on the forum. From what I've read 102xl load rating is sufficient for a T28 (axle ratings front 1600kg, rear 1550Kg). Has anyone else used this 19" tyre option, and am I missing anything?

Cheers, Adam

Good looking van OP. That colour suits the styling of the 6.1. Will be looking forward to updates as you upgrade....:thumbsup:

Back