Professionally built, no dodo used? Interesting floor fitting..

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
This company sell some really high end campers, I am sure there quality is good. I watched the video and was unsure if I could see any sound deadening, and thermal lining, flooring seems glued down on to the metal.

Are we spending money on things we don't need?

This company sell some really high end campers, I am sure there quality is good. I watched the video and was unsure if I could see any sound deadening, and thermal lining, flooring seems glued down on to the metal.

Are we spending money on things we don't need?

Application of sound-deadening isn't shown, but if you pause vid at @1:37, you can clearly see that some has been applied on the centre of the large panels. Thermal lining going in is shown between 1:38 and 1:46. Agree though, they don't seem to fit any wooden batons between the van floor and the ply flooring.

I don‘t have any thermal lining under my floor and it’s cold in winter despite being on batons. This can only be worse if the ply is bonded direct to the steel floor.
My preference was not to insulate the floor as any condensation or spillages will find their way under at some point.

Back