Hydraulic Clutch Pedal has dropped [Resolved]

I had a clutch master cylinder fail at 34k. It wouldn’t pick up fluid from the reservoir.
Past experience with VW on warranty claims ensured that I changed it myself, was about £80.

Where is the bleed nippel on a 6speed box for a 2.0ltr TDi in a T6? My pedal was on the floor this afternoon when I went to move my van.

I had a clutch master cylinder fail at 34k. It wouldn’t pick up fluid from the reservoir.
Past experience with VW on warranty claims ensured that I changed it myself, was about £80.
How hard was this to do?

How did you diagnose it was the master and not the slave? Mines dropped to the floor but after bleeding and removing air from system all is working OK again, but there must have been a leak somewhere to allow air in.

No Leaks or drop of fuild level either

Thanks

Hi, after shifting to 4th speed is this is the screw/nipple to bleed the clutch?
IMG_20230922_180040.jpg
If I am right, then which tool can I use to reach the screw and turn?
Thanks!

The reality is, that if the clutch has dropped.. then bleeding it, isn't going to fix the fault. The clutch system should be able to get air into it, so if it has.. then you have a leak.
All that bleeding does, is put it off until the one day you need the vehicle.. then it'll let you down.

Hi Phil, i have done over 6000km and no need to refill the break/clutch liquid... its at the same level... I believe that some clumpsy mechanic f***ed up in revisión of my van and got air into clutch system... I had liquid brake/clutch liquid changed and brakes too.

Thats why I want to try to bleed it first of all. Also the pedal is not down, it works but when I start the van in the morning it gets stuck half way up and you can feel less "clutch" space to push... once it is warm it gets better I asume it is because the air gets compressed and its counter effect is smaller...
So.. how can I bleed the clutch? Is that of the picture the right neeple? How can I reach it to turn/open it?

Hello all. New here today. I've had a similar issue. It had partially happened once before in very wet weather, but resolved itself while still on the journey. Not so yesterday when the peddle went down and I could not change gear. The conditions were similar to the previous time. £££s later and a truck home and I gave the pedal a push and it felt fine! In between these incidents there have been no issues. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Back