Power latching - is it working ?

Carlos Vandango

T6 Pro
Hi all

So what's supposed to happen with the power latching ?

The first couple of times I closed the tailgate I'm sure the latching pulled the door up tight. However recently nothing seems to be happening. Can it be switched off in error or is it broken ? Any ideas would be useful. Thanks guys

There is no way of turning it on/off other than removing a fuse
If it wasn't working the tailgate would be loose and you would see the door open on the mfd but you should be able to hear and see the motor action ??

Unless it's stopped working in the closed position maybe ??

My sliding door powerlatch stops working occasionally and the door just slams tight.
I reset it by shorting the middle pins of the door contacts with my key and that activates the motor one revolution and then it works again for a few weeks

Thanks for that. I have to gently slam the door otherwise it remains loose as Pauly suggested. I'll try the key poking technique in the morning Loz and let you know how it goes. I can hear the motor turning but nothing happens suggesting I've got power though no engagement.

The key trick only works in the side door as no exposed contacts on rear
If latching is working you don't need to slam it, I can lower mine to within a inch or two of closed and let it go and the power latch will pull it closed
It goes down and clicks when an inch open the the motor whirrs and it goes in the last inch

I have power latching and so far it has worked perfectly, since reading this I'm hoping it continues to do so! As Pauly says, you can hear the motor whirring as the unit does it's job at the end of the close.

@Bayrak I've been purposefully keeping my head down on this one.

I'll try to keep this short.
So in the lead up to getting my van I was using two other t6s. They had power latching.........

Picked up mine having got used to the whirring noise. Oh yes, I have a noise too but on a trip to the dealer to check my broken power latching they told me I don't have it installed.

My reply, Of course I've got it installed you muppets come outside and look at my van.

They did.
No power latching. The noise is the door latch.
That was embarrassing.

I was absolutely certain it was working so who knows what was going on there.

Phantom power latching, that's what I've got.......and it's broken

This afternoon for some unknown reason mine would not power close After trying several times to get it to work, resetting the opening height, and looking for hints and advice on the net & this forum I thought I'd have to adjust the catch plate/bar, anyway I tried it one last time before getting the tools out and you guessed it it worked fine I did shout a few obscenities so maybe that worked, ha! :confused:

Back