Portable solar panel to ehu 3 pin possible?

No - you need a solar controller to link it to your leisure battery (which is what I think you mean).
Solar panels often come with a controller though.

Show us what you have got/are thinking of getting.

Pete

I
I have this ehu under bonnet and was hiping to get portable solar panel to then plug into this when needed? Hopefully can find a solution...thanks
Screenshot_20230825_121626_Chrome.jpg

You’ll have to be more specific, EHU is 240v mains, solar is 12V DC. So unless you’re wanting to see fireworks, we need more info. Or a crystal ball.
Just posted picture of what I would like to connect to. I'm trying to improve my understanding of electrics....would I need to plug solar into inverter and then plug ehu from van into this? If so any ideas. Much appreciated.

Just posted picture of what I would like to connect to. I'm trying to improve my understanding of electrics....would I need to plug solar into inverter and then plug ehu from van into this? If so any ideas. Much appreciated.
Forget the EHU, it has nothing to do with the solar & never the twain should meet.
The output from the solar goes directly to the leisure battery either directly or via a solar controller, depending on the size of the panel.
Please read through @Dellmassive ’s extensive & thorough “how to’s” for more information.

No - you need a solar controller to link it to your leisure battery (which is what I think you mean).
Solar panels often come with a controller though.

Show us what you have got/are thinking of getting.

Pete

Something like this?

Let's start from the beginning. Which battery (starter or leisure) do you want to trickle charge and why ?

Pete

Reactions: DXX
Let's start from the beginning. Which battery (starter or leisure) do you want to trickle charge and why ?

Pete
Hi, I would like to have the option to charge the leisure battery but don't want fixed solar panel, so was thinking of portable one. Any suggestions appreciated. Dave

Ok, that's exactly what we do.
If you have a standard leisure battery then generally a 100W panel (with built in controller) will do, unless you have unusually heavy power demands.

The solar panel (with controller) connects to your leisure battery (wherever that is).

But this also depends on what other charging kit you have.

Can you tell us more about the leisure battery side of things. Photos are good.

Pete

Ok, that's exactly what we do.
If you have a standard leisure battery then generally a 100W panel (with built in controller) will do, unless you have unusually heavy power demands.

The solar panel (with controller) connects to your leisure battery (wherever that is).

But this also depends on what other charging kit you have.

Can you tell us more about the leisure battery side of things. Photos are good.

Pete
That's great. Currently away but will look to send info and picks when back. It was converted by rising sun campers and think pretty standard leisure battery with Sargent electric control panel.
Thanks Dave

Forget the EHU, it has nothing to do with the solar & never the twain should meet.
The output from the solar goes directly to the leisure battery either directly or via a solar controller, depending on the size of the panel.
Please read through @Dellmassive ’s extensive & thorough “how to’s” for more information.

I have a 100W solar panel on my dash plugged in to cigarette lighter - this trickle charges my starter battery. Simple.

Reactions: DXX
Back