Poor DAB

After previously saying my DAB had been perfect, crossing the Brecons earlier today it was pants!

Passed over Brecons this afternoon too......

My DAB is crap, main dealer dropped it back to me 10 days ago day saying it picks up radio 1 ok.... my reply was yes I know, but it doesn't pick up any other station but national unless sat still..

I install DAB every day, but cannot get through to them, but it's a crap aerial, and the headunit is not very sensitive,

So I'm probably going to change the headunit, as I have a Pioneer in my T5.1 and though it's not perfect it's far better

Passed over Brecons this afternoon too......

My DAB is crap, main dealer dropped it back to me 10 days ago day saying it picks up radio 1 ok.... my reply was yes I know, but it doesn't pick up any other station but national unless sat still..

I install DAB every day, but cannot get through to them, but it's a crap aerial, and the headunit is not very sensitive,

So I'm probably going to change the headunit, as I have a Pioneer in my T5.1 and though it's not perfect it's far better
Are you trying to resist an external amplified bee-sting roof jobby?

Are you trying to resist an external amplified bee-sting roof jobby?

I am trying Chris LOL

We high;y recommend the antennasystems dab/FM aerials for near perfect reception...but when I have more time I'm going to experiment more with other options..

I am trying Chris LOL

We high;y recommend the antennasystems dab/FM aerials for near perfect reception...but when I have more time I'm going to experiment more with other options..
Look forward to hearing how you go; Those amplified shark-fins look less imposing, but they don't seem to review as well as the amplified bee-stings. Either way it means getting the drill out to your lovely new van:eek:; but that kind of stuff won't bother you;):sneaky:

We tried good quality shark fins but do not come close to beestings...

I have no worries drilling holes Chris....

Look forward to hearing how you go; Those amplified shark-fins look less imposing, but they don't seem to review as well as the amplified bee-stings. Either way it means getting the drill out to your lovely new van:eek:; but that kind of stuff won't bother you;):sneaky:
Also would be interested in this. My FM is almost worse than the DAB. It's getting to the point that I don't bother using the radio. Crazy to have this problem on a brand new vehicle.
If a beesting aerial is the best option then might have to look in to getting it done!

I know it's been said before but the biggest problem I have with reception is caused by charging through the usb/12v. Totally trashes ALL reception, both dab and FM.

I know it's been said before but the biggest problem I have with reception is caused by charging through the usb/12v. Totally trashes ALL reception, both dab and FM.

We mention this every time when some one calls or contacts us..

But in mine and other cases this isn't the case...

We are in quite a good dab area and my factory 5 and 6 dab options are terrible except national stations... if you want to listen to say- Absolute, Kiss, planet rock etc then forget it....

Swapping my 5 to a Pioneer has greatly improved it...

But the best solution is a different external aerial, which we have supplied and supplied and fitting hundreds to owners around the UK who all said reception is superb

Another thing I have noticed in swapping from my loner T6 (my16) to my new T6 (my17) is that the dab seems better reception!
Loner no planet rock at all on usual routes, new combi no problems :thumbsdown: rocking all the way to work and back :thumbsup:

Been saying my DAB is good, just realised that it auto switches from DAB to FM on the national BBC'S and may be more.
It still shows DAB, but a small (fm) appears next to the station name.
Clever stuff, but DAB reception is pants when I tried to listen Radio X.

I've had a Shark Fin aerial fitted last week (by Skipton Car Audio ) and blimey what a difference! Such an improvement, not perfect, but thats the TomTom charging from the top 12V slot, but I'm happier now.

Why can't VW fit them at source? They know they have a problem, and I know the answer is cost but.......?

I've had a Shark Fin aerial fitted last week (by Skipton Car Audio ) and blimey what a difference! Such an improvement, not perfect, but thats the TomTom charging from the top 12V slot, but I'm happier now.

Why can't VW fit them at source? They know they have a problem, and I know the answer is cost but.......?
Good job, do you know what make/model of sharks fine you have? Are both FM and DAB improoved?

Mine has been ok but on the way to work today it started to play up . I think I will phone a dealer but it's not going in just for that . Got shot of the transit custom because I got feed up having days off work for repairs.
I must say the radio in the ford was much better but the rest of it wasn't .

Good job, do you know what make/model of sharks fine you have? Are both FM and DAB improoved?
Sorry, I can't remember the make, Italian I think. Call Peter at Skipton Car Audio, I'm sure he'll be able to help. Both the FM and Dab have improved massively.

Back