PMS 3h - Power Management System

MJB67

Quick question on this as I’m quite new to it.
I hooked up and put the battery selector to the off position for 2 days and car battery was flat on trying to start my T6.
I guess I made a schoolboy error, should it have been on Van instead of the off position?

Not sure on how yours is wired but I have a PMS3 and in the ‘off’ position, neither battery is connected to the leisure side and neither should discharge due to the leisure circuits. I leave mine ‘off’ for weeks on end.

On ‘car’, mine is using the starter battery under the bonnet to power the leisure circuits.

On ‘van’, mine is using the leisure battery to power the leisure circuits.

Any power drains from the starter battery circuit - dash cam, fridge, USB chargers etc?

Thsnk
Not sure on how yours is wired but I have a PMS3 and in the ‘off’ position, neither battery is connected to the leisure side and neither should discharge due to the leisure circuits. I leave mine ‘off’ for weeks on end.

On ‘car’, mine is using the starter battery under the bonnet to power the leisure circuits.

On ‘van’, mine is using the leisure battery to power the leisure circuits.

Any power drains from the starter battery circuit - dash cam, fridge, USB chargers etc?
thanks for the reply. So when hooked up you have it in the off position?

If I’m on hookup, and leave it ‘off’, the mains powers everything bar my fridge (which always runs from the leisure)

if I select ‘van’ and turn the charger on, it maintains the leisure battery voltage and everything runs from the LB.

If I’m on hookup, and leave it ‘off’, the mains powers everything bar my fridge (which always runs from the leisure)

if I select ‘van’ and turn the charger on, it maintains the leisure battery voltage and everything runs from the LB.
There must be something wrong with how mines set up then.
I’ll have to have a stewards with the company that installed it.
Thanks

It’s worth speaking to your converter to understand how it’s wired. I didn’t get any documents with mine so had to figure mine out. :whistle:

Sorry to jump in, but also an issue with my PMS3, If anyone can help...
The battery condition leds are not illuminated, in every switch position. Have a separate switch/voltmeter installed, indicating a voltage of 13v......any idea why the condition lights not on?

Hi, I have the PMS3 in my T5 and just flicking through the instruction manual... It says it should be in the "off" position when driving. But then my fridge isn't on? Surely I should be able to have my fridge on while driving to save my food going cold? I'm new to this campervan scene so I'd be over the moon with any help/advice. Thanks!

Hi, I have the PMS3 in my T5 and just flicking through the instruction manual... It says it should be in the "off" position when driving. But then my fridge isn't on? Surely I should be able to have my fridge on while driving to save my food going cold? I'm new to this campervan scene so I'd be over the moon with any help/advice. Thanks!

Not sure how yours is wired, but my fridge is independent of the rocker switch. I can run the fridge off the leisure battery regardless of the battery position switch.

I do sometimes drive with the power switch on even though it says not to. I do it so the kids can use the USBs and lights to read while we’re travelling.

Not sure how yours is wired, but my fridge is independent of the rocker switch. I can run the fridge off the leisure battery regardless of the battery position switch.

I do sometimes drive with the power switch on even though it says not to. I do it so the kids can use the USBs and lights to read while we’re travelling.
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

So does your fridge have a separate on/off switch then? Mine just comes on when the PMS switch is on or it's hooked up to the mains.

When you drive with yours on, is that on "Car" or "Van"? Sorry for the 20 questions! Haha!

Mine has an independent switch on the wall for the fridge.

On mine, the ‘car’ battery is the starter battery under the bonnet and the ‘van’ is my leisure battery. I tend to only use the ‘van’ setting to avoid draining the starter accidentally. I labelled mine ‘starter’ and ‘leisure’ with a label printer to make it clearer.

Mine has an independent switch on the wall for the fridge.

On mine, the ‘car’ battery is the starter battery under the bonnet and the ‘van’ is my leisure battery. I tend to only use the ‘van’ setting to avoid draining the starter accidentally. I labelled mine ‘starter’ and ‘leisure’ with a label printer to make it clearer.
Ah OK, that's interesting.

I'll have to have a look at how my fridge is wired up. So when you're driving with the switch in, you have it on the van/leisure battery setting?

Thanks

Noticed your other post where you mention you have a T5. They don’t have a smart alternator and therefore a DC charger may not be as critical as it would be for a T6.

Mate you've been so Much help. Thanks another! You've given me plenty to look into. Wish me luck! Haha!
Noticed your other post where you mention you have a T5. They don’t have a smart alternator and therefore a DC charger may not be as critical as it would be for a T6.

Back