Ply panel behind rear cabinets?

Robot75

VIP Member
Hi, I am having my van carpet lined soon, in preparation for some standard camper/kitchen furniture to be installed soon after. I was planning on replacing the original panel panels with some 3.6mm ply which will be pretty easy using the old ones as templates. But I was wondering do I also need a ply panel on the rear driver side window panel (which will not actually have a window fitted). I'm guessing I would see it at the back of the cupboard so maybe I need to fit a full height panel? Not sure what the norm is?
Thanks
Rob

Hi, I am having my van carpet lined soon, in preparation for some standard camper/kitchen furniture to be installed soon after. I was planning on replacing the original panel panels with some 3.6mm ply which will be pretty easy using the old ones as templates. But I was wondering do I also need a ply panel on the rear driver side window panel (which will not actually have a window fitted). I'm guessing I would see it at the back of the cupboard so maybe I need to fit a full height panel? Not sure what the norm is?
Thanks
Rob
I ply lined and carpeted mine incase anything fell against it from the inside and caused an outward dent personally I would if you have the materials to hand

I ply lined and carpeted mine incase anything fell against it from the inside and caused an outward dent personally I would if you have the materials to hand
Thanks for the reply, did u ply line the the top and bottom panels separately, or just a single full height panel?

Mine was partly done so I made a panel for the top part and carpeted and bonded it in

Back