Piano Black...

Olly T6

blackberry 240 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
just been out looking at my t6 and I’m due in at the body shop to get the front lower bumper repainted as when I removed the sport line splitter it left some marks, so I’m getting everything on the front that’s bare plastic done piano black, top and lower grill and also the fog light surrounds, now the only other parts on the van is the wing mirror surrounds as in the lip that runs around the bottom and the 2 panels on the wing and door, has anyone painted these yet?

Buddy how easy was it to remove?
Did you spray yourself?

I’ve tried to buy these but I’ve come to the point where I am probably going to remove and respray

I have a good relationship with a body shop that does all my work and business work, so they let me help out when my own van goes in, knowing how fussy I can get.
I stripped everything, and it's not too bad a job. Then I prepped, and they painted.

Nothing to do with the whole process is complex, just a little time consuming, but well worth the effort in the visual dept, and pays dividends in time due to the ease of cleaning afterwards.

Happy days looks like I best find a local body shop here in Germany then, as so far I don’t know of any companies apart from CustomVans that want £600 plus VAT for just the upper and lower grill in gloss black

Cheers bud

Happy days looks like I best find a local body shop here in Germany then, as so far I don’t know of any companies apart from CustomVans that want £600 plus VAT for just the upper and lower grill in gloss black

Cheers bud

I'd of thought in the UK, you'd expect to pay between £400-£600 for the whole job.
There's a fair few hours of stripping and prep if you have everything done.
The mirrors alone are quite time consuming to remove and dismantle.

Back