PF Jones appalling service.

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Despite a number of people telling me how good PF Jones are my advice at this moment is stay well away from them. I ordered a Tow Bar and electric from them 3 weeks ago. They initially gave me an install date of the 28th. I spoke to the fitters and they brought it forward to 9am today. Last night they said they couldn't make it before 1pm!

Then they turned up! They had sent the wrong loom, they tried to say I ordered the wrong loom for a trailer prep T6. Absolute bull. How would I know if it is a trailer prep or not. I just want a tow bar fitted with electrics, they spoke to me on the phone, we discussed the van, trailer prep was never mentioned. The fitters asked me to send them a photo of the kit when I received it. I did then they never responded so I resent 'yep all's fine' was the reply.

And now....earliest they can do it is the 5th July in 2 weeks.. The fact I was off on holiday this Friday with my bike has influenced them not one jot. They're are a joke.

Avoid them like the plague.

I’ve also had a bad experience from PF Jones and would not use them again. They also sent me the wrong cable and no matter what I did I could not get it swapped or refunded. They just did not answer the phone or emails. I gave up in the end and ordered the correct cable from someone else.

Randolph is having problems wiring his T6.1 tow bar harness and today they agreed there is an error in the instructions. All the wire colours are wrong on one plug.

Although you've had bad service from them, the actual product is very good.

I’ve also had a bad experience from PF Jones and would not use them again. They also sent me the wrong cable and no matter what I did I could not get it swapped or refunded. They just did not answer the phone or emails. I gave up in the end and ordered the correct cable from someone else.
They are taking the blame for th wrong wiring a new loom is on the way. They want me to send back the old electrical which is easier said than done the fitter today mixed up the box contents.

Randolph is having problems wiring his T6.1 tow bar harness and today they agreed there is an error in the instructions. All the wire colours are wrong on one plug.

Although you've had bad service from them, the actual product is very good.
Yep I'm told the product is great.

When I started looking to get a towbar fitted, their HQ offices were my first call, second call, third call ad infinitum (along with a number of emails) and they didn't respond to anything. In the end, I contacted one of their depots who gave me the number of the fitter for my area and I contacted him direct. He turned out to be very good indeed. Based on that experience, I doubt if I would deal with them.

Sorry to hear your woes…. This may be of use to some members…We all know that @Absolut5 are great for ICE but they also fitted my tow bar….IMO why not use a company that fully understands VW electrics ..takes any worry out of the equation :)

Sorry to hear your woes…. This may be of use to some members…We all know that @Absolut5 are great for ICE but they also fitted my tow bar….IMO why not use a company that fully understands VW electrics ..takes any worry out of the equation :)
I did ask on here a few weeks ago. I was recommended to 2 companies one of which was PF Jones the other was local who fed me a load of bull around the system not being able to recognise a trailer and i'd have to physically turn off the reversing sensors every time.

Maybe @Absolut5 might have to put it right :grin bounce: . But to be fair the new fitter Tom is has a good rep so here's hoping.

I can only agree with the previous comments PF Jones are so bad. I did so much research and on recommendations used PF Jones in Manchester. They fitted a detachable to my Mercedes and even left the exhaust hanging off! Many hours later I repaired most of the problems.

Thanks to @Texxaco I used Chester towbars for the T6 and it was excellent from start to finish. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

And the saga continues. Wednesday night they sent me 2 UPS tracker tickets 24 hour delivery. 1 to return the old wiring and another for the delivery of the new kit.

Hand old kit to driver, sign for new wiring. UPS send me an email all delayed sorry. Then they turn up at 5pm for the old wiring and no new wiring!

Receive an email today it will be delivered - by the end of the day today.

My new fitter may have been able to do it earlier once i have the kit but now ;) !

I rue the day i heard of PF Jones.

I think I would be knocking it on the head now. All the messing around and they have yet to attack your van!

Best thing I did was not let them near my van. Take a trip to Chester you won’t regret it.

I think I would be knocking it on the head now. All the messing around and they have yet to attack your van!

Best thing I did was not let them near my van. Take a trip to Chester you won’t regret it.
I have the tow bar and other stuff in my garage. It's the cable and connectors I'm waiting for. I mentioned a refund and they weren't having it and I can't be arsed with a fight right now.

So finally had it fitted and all is good. The 2 fitters from Loughborough were good lad sa and did a great job. My experience with PF Jones is not un usual!

Took the bike tp the 3 Yorkshire peaks last weekend and no problem at all with the tow bar. The electrics are good, i get a trailer warning on the CCTV screen and the sensors switch off when i go into reverse.

Back