PayPal email.. wasn’t phishing!

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve just used my PayPal acct for the first time in a while. I’ve now just received an email from PayPal which for all the world looks like a phishing scam. The email states that I need to verify my account to continue accessing PayPal yada yada. So I ignored the email & logged into PayPal via the app, & lo and behold it’s true, they want photo ID & proof of address. Both of which I’m loath to let them have. Has anyone else gone through the same process?

This photo id business sends me nuts - the number of times that places ask for it but I have none, no photo driving licence, no passport etc! Even worse are the ones that insist that I have to give them a mobile phone number which I also do not have, they cannot understand it at all and get very uptight.

This photo id business sends me nuts - the number of times that places ask for it but I have none, no photo driving licence, no passport etc! Even worse are the ones that insist that I have to give them a mobile phone number which I also do not have, they cannot understand it at all and get very uptight.
Bloody hell, did you respond to that post using smoke signals :rofl:

PayPal is dying a death and is becoming an increasingly less attractive proposition. Many link their credit card to the service without recognising that they forsake the consumer protection the credit card gives them when doing so.

Then again, I’m a little irked that my long-standing credit card provider has recently sought a retina scan and pubic hair sample from me! SWMBO is also hacked off as every purchase she makes needs me to give her the 2FA code!!! (Clouds and silver linings, eh?!!!)

They'll be wanting you to fart in a milk bottle next and send it off for clarification , what is security coming too !

My bank has sent me a card reader for online shopping. Have to stick my card in, input a code from the website then it gives me a code to add to the website.
I can cope with it for home use but if I'm away I'll have to remember to take the card reader with me which is a right faff.

Spooky that…..I just dropped a stool sample at Winchester Hospital yesterday! Twerking like a teenager to hit that jar I was!
That reminds me of someone I know who went for a job in a local fish factory. When asked if she could provide a stool sample she hesitated and then said "that should be fine but will you supply the wood"

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I closed my PayPal account the other day, along with my goggle and you tube account. I don’t have any social media accounts either. And no I don’t wear a tin foil hat :rofl:

That reminds me of someone I know who went for a job in a local fish factory. When asked if she could provide a stool sample she hesitated and then said "that should be fine but will you supply the wood"
Turn it upside down and you can fit three on it!

I closed my PayPal account the other day, along with my goggle and you tube account. I don’t have any social media accounts either. And no I don’t wear a tin foil hat :rofl:
Nowt wrong with a tinfoil hat!

Reactions: Eli
The sooner it dies, the better.
You've encouraged the b@5tards for so long, it's time to pay the ferryman. You knew this was coming. Or should have.
:D

I’ve had a PayPal account for years but never used it much before I started buying stuff from this forum!

Never been asked for photo ID though and recently when the wife asked me to buy a gift with it, 2 weeks later it still hadn’t arrived so I reported it to PayPal. A little later they refunded my money, something that wouldn’t have happened if she’d used a debit card AND she told the person the gift was for what had happened so they appreciated the thought. I think that worked out quite well :p
They also do 0% interest payment deals so you can keep your money in your bank for longer.

Spooky that…..I just dropped a stool sample at Winchester Hospital yesterday! Twerking like a teenager to hit that jar I was!
Should have asked for a larger jar….

Back to the subject, I’ve had a PayPal account for as long as I can remember, so at least since this morning. And used it no problem. I’m seriously considering telling them to foxtrot oscar & close the account. Plenty of alternatives out there these days.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back