Passenger sliding door not unlocking with key

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've developed a strange fault. My passenger sliding door unlocks perfectly with the button on the key, every time. But it will not unlock with the rest of the doors when I remove the key from the ignition. All the other doors unlock fine. I'm assuming the unlock signal is the same and sent down the same wire, so why will it unlock with the button but not when removing the key?

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Double press required? I changed mine using Carista so that on first press, only the driver's door unlocks. The rest unlock with a second press, but I've noticed that my slider often takes a third. Never really bothered me - I thought it was just me not pressing the fob properly, but now you've raised this I'm going to check....:confused:

You’re far more knowledgeable on these vans than me @Deaky but could it be that on the key fob it is unlocking the deadlock but ignition off just releases the more simple less secure door lock?

Last winter one of my sliding door locks threw up some errors during the cold weather which went when it warmed up, I think I’ve got an intermittent fault that only happens during very cold temps. Maybe some old grease hardening which stops something working properly.

Double press required? I changed mine using Carista so that on first press, only the driver's door unlocks. The rest unlock with a second press, but I've noticed that my slider often takes a third. Never really bothered me - I thought it was just me not pressing the fob properly, but now you've raised this I'm going to check....:confused:
Unlocking from the fob is working fine. It's unlocking when removing the key that's not working.

You’re far more knowledgeable on these vans than me @Deaky but could it be that on the key fob it is unlocking the deadlock but ignition off just releases the more simple less secure door lock?

Last winter one of my sliding door locks threw up some errors during the cold weather which went when it warmed up, I think I’ve got an intermittent fault that only happens during very cold temps. Maybe some old grease hardening which stops something working properly.
I did wonder this but it's unlocking when removing the key. As I drive away and hit 5mph the doors lock automatically - now I'd presume from a safety point of view that they wouldn't deadlock everyone inside the van, in fact, thinking about it they don't because you can get out by just opening the inside handle. If they were deadlocked you wouldn't be able to. Just seems weird that it won't unlock from the key removing but will from pressing the button. Presumably the BCM sends the same unlock signal to the door?

I would check the wiring, particularly the plug/socket setup at rear on the LHS of the vehicle.
It is accessible through detachable cover(where normally your jack lives).
This plug and socket is slightly above LHS rear light.
Contacts on this plug/socket setup pins sometimes can corrode.
Inspect, clean and apply protective stuff(grease).

Reactions: mmi
Isn’t it possible to change the setting for what is unlocked when? I believe there is an option for choosing which doors/tailgate unlock with a single fob press, is there a similar setting when removing the key maybe? Does the boot unlock?

T6BCM gremlin's new game?
Battery disconnect to reset the BCM?

I have exactly the same symptoms, everything locking and unlocking as it should, except the NS sliding door which just does not unlock when the key is withdrawn, unlocks ok on door switch or key fob unlock but not on key withdraw. My van also has an OS slider, but this is working perfectly. Please post if anyone has this problem and fixes it. Just noticed it about 2 months ago, at first thought it was user error, but no, its a fault.

Back