Partial Conversion Advice.....

MattPoss

Construction Manager
T6 Pro
I’ve got a SWB T32 T6 Panel Van and I’m looking to do a bit of a partial conversion to it. I need the van for all sorts (carrying work stuff, motorbikes, dogs etc) therefore don’t want anything fixed. I have a 4 Berth Caravan but the idea of the partial conversion with a Tarp Awning is that if I’m only going for a night in the Lakes etc, the Caravan is a bit of a rigmarole and effort. The vans got a Bulkhead fitted with a Fixed Window in which would be staying. I don’t really want any other glass in the van, mainly because if I’m at a Trackday for example with 2 motorbikes, I don’t really want anyone to be able to see in etc

I’m looking at getting the rear Insulated and Carpeted, a 2nd Battery under the Drivers Seat with a Smart Charge System, 4 LED’s in the roof switched from both the Side and Rear Doors and a Karndean Floor. For cooking I’d use a Cadac and for Sleeping i’d just use a Camp Bed. If I wanted a heater of some sort I’d get a Hook Up on a site and run a lead through the Rear Doors. I also plan on getting a 12v Coolbox to run off the 2nd battery. I have a couple of queries and I’m looking for a bit of advice from others who have done this...

1) Ventilation - with me not wanting to install any glass, would I need some way of providing ventilation or would it be fine baring in mind I’m not planning on staying in it for longer than a night at a time?

2) Locking the Van - As the Bulkhead will be staying, I won’t be able to get to the button to Diable the Internal Sensors by the Drivers Seat whilst I’m in the back has anyone ever made a little removable panel within the Bulkhead so you can reach through to get to the button? I’m looking for ideas on this one really.....

I was sure I had thought of other queries but I can’t think of them now, I’ll add them on as they come to me :thumbsup:

You could tap into the wires for the drivers door lock button and install a switch in the rear to do the same job ?

You could tap into the wires for the drivers door lock button and install a switch in the rear to do the same job ?

That’s a better idea! Ill speak to the company im looking to use for the work and see if they can sort something

Anyone got any thoughts on the Ventilation?!

Back