Parking sensor retrofit problems

Bill491

VIP Member
Hi, can anyone advise on the correct routes for the front & rear cable looms in a LWB van please.

I ran the rear loom across the dash and up the n/s A pillar to run alongside the main loom running to the rear but the loom only reaches just past the side door. I should add that this is a single loom ie no additional connections between the PCU and D pillar termination. The loom was supplied by Vagtec as part of their front & rear retrofit kit although the wires in the loom are single colour and not dual colour as in the current draw drawings. I’m trying to ascertain if I’ve been sent the wrong kit or if there are other wiring diagrams out there that I’ve not come across.

Most kits like this are for LHD vehicles where the module is fitted near side, normally you will need to either extend the loom or flip it to the otherside of the van and reverse the order of the pins in the plug to make left side sensor right side etc or it will display in reverse on the screen

Last edited:
Hi Pauly, thanks for the prompt response. I’ve started to extend the rear loom to reach the rear n/s D pillar but was unsure if the sensors needed to be switched over. I’ve searched various sites for photos etc but only come across photos showing the connection in the n/s D pillar, none in the offside hence my doubt
What started to raise further doubt about the loom is that the wires are all single colour coded rather than dual colours in the drawings, not something I’d expect if it’s genuine OEM as advertised. I should be able to identify the correct sensors from the PCU pin id’s on the drawings - so just to confirm, is left rear on the drawing n/s or Vicky-verky

yes left is near side
All the looms I have seen have a common positive and negative going to each sensor then four individually coloured sensor return cables

Thank Pauly, it seems the same in this case with red & brown running from pins 8 & 11.
I was beginning to talk myself round in circles, unsure if the connections had already been switched over or not.
Many thanks for your help

Back