Paint work addressed.

T6 Guru
My van was a main dealer demonstrator for five month's till I bought it, and needless to say the paint/top coat was in bad way.
Covered in swirl marks and scratches, some too deep to cut out.

I finally managed to clean it properly today and get it in the garage to start to try and improve the finish.

Ultimately it needs proper paint correction, but this wont be done now untill the spring.

I used Auto Finesse Tripple which has made a considerable difference to the appearance of the swirls, and topped it off with Maguires Carnuba Wax.

Really pleased with the result as I'm only an amateur when it comes to vehicle cleaning.

20171122_184907.jpg

Looking good! You look like you have a similar exposed rim look to your wheels as mine, are you having any issues with the edges of the rims getting stone chipped?

Reactions: .50
Looking good! You look like you have a similar exposed rim look to your wheels as mine, are you having any issues with the edges of the rims getting stone chipped?

Hi there.

Im not noticing any damage to the rim edges.
I'm not actually that keen on the way the tyres are not proud of the rim. The tyres came " free " with the wheels so I just fitted them. I'll probably fit some wider ones next year.

Why don't you just take a lead from me and spend several thousand pounds on wheels and tyres, to then not be happy with them, and then you can spend several thousand pounds more to potentially be happy. It's great and hey, you cannot take it with you as my Mother in laws tells me all the time.

Oh and if you need a very good detailer to correct your paint, I can recommend a guy in Leicester that might even travel to your area. (No not me! Paint is not my business forte)

Why don't you just take a lead from me and spend several thousand pounds on wheels and tyres, to then not be happy with them, and then you can spend several thousand pounds more to potentially be happy. It's great and hey, you cannot take it with you as my Mother in laws tells me all the time.

To be honest, I was an ebay winner with my wheels and tyres and paid a fraction of what they should have cost.

Back