Paint Correction & Ceramic Coat Progress

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hey guys,

so I’ve had so many quotes for the above title... and they’ve all been 600-1200 to do. I’ve managed to get a lad who does it out of his garage for a seriously good price, I gave it to him Tuesday and he said it’ll be done Sunday,,, so here’s a few progress pics so far. Paint work was horrendous (17plate 40k miles)

5DF3C059-DF05-4C1C-B4DA-23C6D336F5BB.jpeg
CFEC8343-2B24-4E7D-A1E9-E522B6E840C5.png

F7F22EF5-7BB3-4E08-A963-3EC126DFAB64.png
65CD9B27-A7B6-41CB-884E-69E8E8A328AB.png

Looking forward to seeing it once he’s ceramic coated it !

more pics to come after the weekend

6B10FF81-571E-4E7B-81C6-90496D875328.jpeg

For the price mate, if it’s topped up every 8-10 months I wouldn’t be upset.

she’s going straight in the garage for the best part of the winter when she’s back

Lovely finish from the polishing, good to see delicate areas getting masked too.

What ceramic is he using as top coat?

He’s using “absolutewax slick hybrid ceramic” never heard of it !

Nor me, but that’s sometimes a good thing, it means we get a review of a new product and it could be fantastic. Looks good from their website info.

Nor me, but that’s sometimes a good thing, it means we get a review of a new product and it could be fantastic. Looks good from their website info.

im not going to complain ! If it lasts 12 months then brilliant !

Wait until there is a nice sunny day, see if it's full of buffer trails.. I'm hoping not

its far from perfect... LED spot light in the dark close up, and there’s plenty of marks still... but mehhhhh it’s black, and I paid. 1/4 of the price

Happy with it though for the price. It’s a whole different colour of black now !

If there are still swirls more lacquer needs polishing off. Its always a compromise - I’d rather have a reasonable shine with a few imperfections but more paint staying on the van! Probably only visible in bright sunlight.

I’ve seen some absolute shockers incl a 6 month old BMW that looked like it had been washed with a brillo pad! I dont get why people spend 30/40/50K on a car and take it to the cheapest place possible for a wash?

Ian

Yeah exactly mate,

I’m not going to complain to him, he’s sound... and if you see the paint before, it was horrendous..

And I have to remember it was a commercial van for 18months.. and like he said, they don’t Put enough paint in vans like they do cars!! So I suppose he didn’t wanna go too hard on it. F.ck knows,

Back