Oxygen Sensor -Low Bank 1, Sensor 1

Funsy

I have an engine fault code P2238 on my 2017 150bhp T6.
Carista is pointing me towards O2 sensor "low bank 1, sensor 1".

Can anyone tell me where to find this sensor pls?
A part number would also be really useful.

Thanks

clear the codes and carry on, . .

see if they come back after the next drive cycle . . . .

have you got the yellow MIL or engine light on?

any driveability concerns?

what the van spec and miles?

(basically saying its most likely not a faulty sensor, but a cause/effect of something else?)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked the codes only after the engine light came on. I have cleared the code once before and it’s returned. I was hoping to identify where the sensor is plugged in, to then disconnect it and recheck the codes. I’ve cleared the code again this evening.

The problem developed shortly after a standard Revo remap was flashed onto the van. I put this entirely down to coincidence. The driving performance improved after the remap and I can’t distinguish any deterioration since the engine warning light has come on.

The van is a highline panel van. It’s covered 32000 miles.

Gotcha...

I'll dig out some data on the sensor tomoz...

EgR and DPF flow and efficiency are normally more probable causes..

Any chance of a screen shot of the codes?

Next step maybe a VCDS full detailed scan.

Maybe a trip passed the MAP dealer for a quick check over?

This is all I have I’m afraid. My pro Carista subscription has subsequently lapsed.

It now tells me I have 3 electrical faults alongside this sensor issue, but I cannot access the specific manufacturer codes

Still struggling with this fault code.

I'm aware it could be a short proximal to the sensor, wiring loom etc, but I'm inclined to changer the sensor 1st.

Can anyone tell me if the highlighted sensor is the bank 1, sensor 1 O2 sensor please?

Thx

EB2AA796-B1A4-4AD5-B7AF-9115EADE7008_1_201_a.jpeg

AE6021D8-2625-4571-B995-9EF6B3B70590_1_201_a.jpeg

If anyone is looking for this same information then the above pictured oxygen sensor is the bank 1, sensor 1.
This diagram from @Loz helped, these are the bank 1 sensors:
1614094064847.png
This bank of sensors sit just below the wipers at the top of the engine bay:
1614094986339.jpeg
If you follow the cable arrowed in red it will take you to the sensor that sticks out of the exhaust at the rear of the engine bay. I had to remove the air feed from turbo to engine to get tools into the space:
1614095010942.jpeg

Part number for the sensor is 04L906262E

Reactions: mmi
I have an engine fault code P2238 on my 2017 150bhp T6.
Carista is pointing me towards O2 sensor "low bank 1, sensor 1".

Can anyone tell me where to find this sensor pls?
A part number would also be really useful.

Thanks
Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked the codes only after the engine light came on. I have cleared the code once before and it’s returned. I was hoping to identify where the sensor is plugged in, to then disconnect it and recheck the codes. I’ve cleared the code again this evening.

The problem developed shortly after a standard Revo remap was flashed onto the van. I put this entirely down to coincidence. The driving performance improved after the remap and I can’t distinguish any deterioration since the engine warning light has come on.

The van is a highline panel van. It’s covered 32000 miles.
Hi All,
I've just had my t6 2018 150bhp remapped and am losing about 100mls per tank the fault code is 02 sensor positive current control circuit !!
The guy who did the remap tells me its very strange, however i asked him to remap back to standard vw 150 and fuel gains have gone up !!
No warning lights ect just wondering if anyone else has issues
Thanks Rich.

Back