Outdoor Fairy Lights

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi

The gaffer is wanting to buy some outdoor fairy lights to maybe wrap round the poles on our railsail.
Can anyone recommend where to buy some from ? I've seen some on Amazon but they got poor reviews

The solar powered ones are rubbish.

Try looking at xmas string lights running on a small inverter. (Maybe connected to a spare battery)

Or a 12v led string lights... off the van battery or a second small battery.

Have a look here 》

FlagPoleLights | Online Shopping |Flag Pole Lights

And here》

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof...s=gateway&sprefix=warm+white+led+strip&sr=8-3

And....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RONSHIN-Be...ry+lights+12v&qid=1563825366&s=gateway&sr=8-3

unfortunately I had already ordered the solar ones from Funk leisure before reading your post. I'll give them a go and see what they are like :thumbsup:

Thanks

Looking at there wind socks and poles aswell

Bought a awning from them last year, they were sound next day delivery
Couldn’t fault them

Andy

Thanks

Looking at there wind socks and poles aswell

Bought a awning from them last year, they were sound next day delivery
Couldn’t fault them

Andy

Hi
I've bought quite a few bits from funky leisure, always good prices and great delivery :thumbsup:

The mrs wants some fairy lights on our awning (don't they all?) :whistle:

I was wondering how to power them. I thought about just buying battery powered lights and using rechargeable batteries since the lights will only be on for a few hours at a time.

Or buying a small car battery and buying some 12v lights. That brings me to how to connect them to the battery. I would like fool proof way of connecting, rather than using crocodile clips :laugh: so a switch or a plug of some sort.

Any ideas on the above or alternatives? Sorry if this is really basic! I am new to vans & 12v. :cool:

ps I already have a leisure battery installed in my conversion

Thanks, what are you plugging in to, your dash (so car battery)? :)
My leisure battery is under the drivers seat and I have a Power source, you could always use the one on the dash as they have a couple of metres of cable before the lamps.

May be easier to use a decent power bank USB supply as long as you can keep it dry. Could recharge in the van.

I made up some fairy lights that originally ran on 3v (2x AA) and put a couple of resistors in series and an old USB lead that I butchered and made them run on USB.

Back