Options for swivel seats

The process for swiveling both front seats fitted on Sportscraft swivels.

Put vehicle in gear or 'Park', release hand brake.

Sportscraft swivels need the seats raised about eight pulls of the height adjuster from the lowest position (if you have height adjustable seats) so that the seat skirts clear the swivel plate slides etc.

Passengers side - push seat fully rearwards rotate anti-clockwise looking from above, extra high head-rest position may foul the sun visor.

Drivers side - lower the right armrest, pull the seat forwards until the rear edge of the padding of the right arm is about 30mm in-front of the 'B' pillar and rotate again anti-clockwise. This assumes a certain position of the steering column, mine is pushed fully forwards and almost fully up as we are both tall(ish) drivers.

That is in my case with kitchen fittings down right side of vehicle so as to prevent drivers seat rotating fully.

I've tried other seat swivels including one van with genuine ones and obviously no height adjustment. My conclusion is that Sportscraft are the best made even better now that there is a version that will allow for a higher leisure battery below. Note that Sportscraft swivels allow the seats to rotate without opening the doors whilst even genuine VW ones do not! Handy when it's pouring with rain.

I've not tried @slidepods modified seat bases but they seem an excellent idea.

Rod

Note that Sportscraft swivels allow the seats to rotate without opening the doors whilst even genuine VW ones do not! Handy when it's pouring with rain.
Rod

Not in the T6, my VW ones swivel without having to open the doors

Ah so VW have modified them or the door cards to clear at last. I've got both a T5 & T6 at present so I will look to see if it's the door card that is changed.

Thanks for the update.

Rod

Yes I used to have to open the door to swivel the passenger seat in my T5, though not the drivers seat for some reason. I later fitted Audi seats on Kiravan swivels and that stopped the need for opening the doors for clearance

Back