Options for swivel seats

8balladdict

VCDS User
T6 Guru
So looks like Kiravans are all out stock on the offset swivels for at least a few weeks. Is there anywhere else that sells them or other options I could look at? I'm keen on the Kiravan ones as ideally I want to mount the leisure battery under one, plus I've got the seats with the armrests and I don't really want to mess with the handbreak if I don't have to.

Cheers for you help

We find the RIB swivels creak like mad so stopped using them a long time ago. We can supply a pair of swivels and an adapted drivers base as a package, we use sportscraft and can also supply you with a compatible 100AH AGM leisure battery that fits underneath it if you want. Just drop us and email on info@slidepods.co.uk if you would like a quote

We find the RIB swivels creak like mad so stopped using them a long time ago. We can supply a pair of swivels and an adapted drivers base as a package, we use sportscraft and can also supply you with a compatible 100AH AGM leisure battery that fits underneath it if you want. Just drop us and email on info@slidepods.co.uk if you would like a quote
Cheers for the info. Do these swivels work ok with the armrest seats? I hear you have to adjust the seat all the time....?

For anyone that's looking at gettin swivels still, I have just fitted a kiravan offset to my driver seat and I've found a few things, it does raise the height of the seat which I haven't had a problem with as I wasn't on the lowest position. However when my wife went to drive it she couldn't slide the seat forward. Having looked at it the trim on the side of the seat is hitting the swivel release handle. To solve this the seat either needs to be raised to clear it or the seat trim will need trimmed. This is something I didn't anticipate

I have sports craft, no rattles, slightly higher than std, and have a lowered h brake. No real issues.

Has anyone fitted the kiravan offset swivel to the passenger seat, and does this cause similar issues??

I haven't but I'm going for Sportscraft as I keep hearing terrible things about creaking on the RIB ones

I've just taken the kiravan offset swivel out my van. The creaking was driving me mad, I also found the seat back had to be adjusted forward to clear the the pillar and steering wheel. Interested to see the sportcraft ones in action

Well I've just ordered some sportscraft ones so once I get them fitted, I'll let you know. I do need to sort out how I'm going to modify the handbrake though!

I've just taken the kiravan offset swivel out my van. The creaking was driving me mad, I also found the seat back had to be adjusted forward to clear the the pillar and steering wheel. Interested to see the sportcraft ones in action
The standard VW captains seats need to be adjusted like this to clear the B pillar and wheel too. Shame you had probs with the Kiravans one creaking, could have been a bad one cos I fitted them to both the front seats of my T5 and had no problems with them

I would imagine all of the swivel seats need to be adjusted to clear the B pillar, unless they're offset as described. I had two RIB swivels in my last van and had no creaks. Must have been lucky i guess.

Back