1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Sensor Warning

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security' started by GarryM, 5 Jan 2017.

1. GarryM

GarryM Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I am getting an Oil Sensor warning on the dash board and the oil temp on the display is only showing 000. I have checked the oil and plenty there and have driven 100km so it has not failed and appears to be an electrical fault as I noticed the rear camera has stopped as have the rear wipers.

Any suggestions or do I take to dealer stealer. Last time they charged $160 to replace a fuse!!! Said I had removed fuses to check them and thus not under warranty.

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Strange fault, that equipment is fed from different fuses
    Rear camera = Fuse C18
    Rear wiper = Fuse C25
    Not sure about oil sensor but probably engine fusebox and not dash possible fuse B29??

3. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    wow, that's dealer service for you! Surprised they didn't refuse on the basis that the van had been driven and therefore not as it left the factory! Reckon you should name and shame that dealer for your fellow Aus T6 owners.

4. GarryM

GarryM Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Thanks Pauly. I will check out the engine bay fuses.

The other fuses replacement was an odd one. I had put in the pop top and thus had disturbed the wiring in the roof which covers the camera and wiper. I can understand where they are coming from. I have since found three fuses under the floor mat below the fuse box so they obviously have dropped some in there trying to check them the last time.