Oil Sensor Warning

GarryM

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I am getting an Oil Sensor warning on the dash board and the oil temp on the display is only showing 000. I have checked the oil and plenty there and have driven 100km so it has not failed and appears to be an electrical fault as I noticed the rear camera has stopped as have the rear wipers.

Any suggestions or do I take to dealer stealer. Last time they charged $160 to replace a fuse!!! Said I had removed fuses to check them and thus not under warranty.

Strange fault, that equipment is fed from different fuses
Rear camera = Fuse C18
Rear wiper = Fuse C25
Not sure about oil sensor but probably engine fusebox and not dash possible fuse B29??

I am getting an Oil Sensor warning on the dash board and the oil temp on the display is only showing 000. I have checked the oil and plenty there and have driven 100km so it has not failed and appears to be an electrical fault as I noticed the rear camera has stopped as have the rear wipers.

Any suggestions or do I take to dealer stealer. Last time they charged $160 to replace a fuse!!! Said I had removed fuses to check them and thus not under warranty.
wow, that's dealer service for you! Surprised they didn't refuse on the basis that the van had been driven and therefore not as it left the factory! Reckon you should name and shame that dealer for your fellow Aus T6 owners.

Thanks Pauly. I will check out the engine bay fuses.

The other fuses replacement was an odd one. I had put in the pop top and thus had disturbed the wiring in the roof which covers the camera and wiper. I can understand where they are coming from. I have since found three fuses under the floor mat below the fuse box so they obviously have dropped some in there trying to check them the last time.

Hi Garry,

Did you manage to track down the cause with this? Just had the same thing start, oil temp sensor warning but no obvious issues.

Cheers,

Paul

It turned out to be a faulty sensor unit that VW replaced under warranty.Suspect there has been a string of these failures as there was an immediate “ know what the problem is” response from the dealership.

Garry

So update on mine for anyone interested. Took me a few weeks to get it into vw so I decided to keep using it and just check the oil regularly. The day before I dropped it off the oil warning went away but it still wouldn't read a temperature on the dash. The morning of dropping it off it was working again properly! So took it in anyway and told them the story. They couldn't find anything wrong, no loose connections or fault codes. Very strange, would have expected there should have been a fault logged?! I guess now I can only wait until it goes again and call vw assist instead of waiting and taking it in myself.

So update on mine for anyone interested. Took me a few weeks to get it into vw so I decided to keep using it and just check the oil regularly. The day before I dropped it off the oil warning went away but it still wouldn't read a temperature on the dash. The morning of dropping it off it was working again properly! So took it in anyway and told them the story. They couldn't find anything wrong, no loose connections or fault codes. Very strange, would have expected there should have been a fault logged?! I guess now I can only wait until it goes again and call vw assist instead of waiting and taking it in myself.
Perhaps related to Mfd Oil Temp

Back