Off-Grid set up, not that great!

Roamer 230Ah seatbase battery and 2 175 watt panels on poptop, currently 1000 watt inverter but hopefully Santa will be bringing a 2kw one when he empties his sack into our camper Agnes at Crimbo... proper tart that one.
The lowest Ah remaining we saw on the battery shunt display this weekend at a sunny Busfest was 88% left at 180 something Ah or 90 odd hours remaining after running the Waeco CRX compressor fridge, two slice toaster and interior lights.
We still have gas which in reality makes sense as why limit yourself to one form of energy only however with the increasing availability of fairly hefty electrical kit it seems daft just to carry on burning stuff when you can zap it with free electric?
We've not needed hook up this year, don't get me wrong I'm not an avid "prepper" or wild camper but like the idea of taking all of our domestic electrical appliances on holiday too even if I can't see the TV while I'm mowing the grass on our pitch.:thumbsup::geek:
Regarding cost implications my ghetto electric setup stands at a lot less than the cost of the 20" Judd's and Goodyear slippers our Agnes has lusted after for the last couple of years.

Back