OEM Wheel Bolt Length

Looking for the correct locking wheel nuts for these 19 inch alloys. Any advice much appreciated

View attachment 156502

View attachment 156503
I wouldn't bother with lockers...a real pig when they sieze and the keys are made of toffee...does anyone actually knick wheels these days??
911 Targa wheels £1890.00 each and no lockers...C63 AMG wheels, £2130.00 each and no lockers...
Just my thoughts having gone through the siezed scenario.

Nope....very very rural so shot guns and then muck spreaders to scatter the evidence...
The old saying "trespassers will be shot, survivor's will be shot again"
:thumbsup:

Nope....very very rural so shot guns and then muck spreaders to scatter the evidence...
The old saying "trespassers will be shot, survivor's will be shot again"
:thumbsup:
Fair enough I've watched enough episodes of Country file to realise there's got to be something going on when you never see any traveller encampments.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
I’ve just bought some locking wheel nuts, they are 10mm longer than the standard bolt length.

I guess these will be Ok to fit?

I’ve just bought some locking wheel nuts, they are 10mm longer than the standard bolt length.

I guess these will be Ok to fit?
There are threads on here that have measurements of the hub, I just can’t recall where - probably to do with spacers.

I changed from summers to winters and, when i failed to check/notice my 20mm spacer was still attached to the summer wheel, bolted my winter wheel on with the longer bolts… they ended up bending. Oops. Luckily I had only moved the van a few feet.

What’s behind the hub that would bend the bolts?

The hole seems really deep, I put a screw driver down it to see how deep it is and it’s much deeper than the bolts.

I can’t find an exploded view of the hub with dimensions either.

Hi all, at present I have 17” Devonports on my Vw California. Looking at the spare wheel bolts I have they are 33mm in length. I have managed to grab myself some 18” Palmerstons.

My question is would the 33mm length bolts work. The one on my now have some sort of washer at the top. I have attached a photo and a photo of the bolts I would like to get. I’m guessing theses would work?

Any help would be amazing thanks

paolo

86152786-2327-42FF-BA8A-653EF4A620BD.jpeg

F9163436-3480-4868-8A9E-B60954F2A6D1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, at present I have 17” Devonports on my Vw California. Looking at the spare wheel nuts I have they are 33mm in length. I have managed to grab myself some 18” Palmerstons.

My question is would the 33mm length bolts work. The one on my now have some sort of washer at the top. I have attached a photo and a photo of the bolts I would like to get. I’m guessing theses would work?

Any help would be amazing thanks

paolo

View attachment 166969

View attachment 166970
No, those van style bolts won’t work with OEM wheels

Your original wheel bolts will work. They normally have bolt covers with wheels like Palmerstones.

Hi all, I am returning my T6 to 17" devonport wheels, the van currently has 20" wheels. I'm not sure of the bolt type and length for the devonport wheels, does anyone know the measurements and have a pic please, thanks

just standard VW wheel bolts, there always plenty available from members/in the for sale section

Back