OEM LWB Transporter Kombi Thick Rubber/Foam Mat. What's it like?

Evgenij Webster

Cabinetmaker
T6 Pro
So I have a LWB Highline Panel Van with that horrible 6mm ply lining that been screwed through the floor and anyhow on the van walls. I hate the stuff because it is, crap quality, ugly, squeaks as you drive along, damages the interior of the van with it being screwed on with self tappers and so on. You get the idea....

Now, while in the showroom at one of many dealers I have visited over the last 5 weeks, I have noticed and rather liked SORTIMO SOBOGRIP floor, which unlike you crap ply-lining, does not need to be screwed to the floor but instead it is being held in place by OEM tethering point cups as found on Kombi vans which have OEM thick rubber flooring. I like that too and have seen a few up for sale on ebay at around £200-£300 a piece. Sortimo floor is more appealing at around £250-£300 depending where you buy it from, as it is hard, meaning I can slide things about without snagging or tearing it. I feel that OEM rubber floor might be to soft and will get damaged easily by sliding toolboxes, sheet materials about.

I may also remove ply-lining of the walls and get it carpeted instead to make it more thermo stable in the summer as well as winter and possibly insulating from road noise.

Does anybody know of anybody who can supply Sortimo floor bellow £250? It must fit LWB Transporter.
Perhaps some of you know of someone who can cut Buffalo Board Birch Plywood | Phenolic Faced Plywood | ATP this stuff on CNC to match floor plan of a transporter?

I can probably supply the pannel through my business, just need it to be cut accurately Perhaps someone can supply me with a CAD file of a OEM rubber mat template?

Cheers

EV

Hi EV,

I have a Sortimo Sobogrip floor in my Transit Connect and it is excellent.

I have a quote direct from Sortimo for a Sobogrip floor for my SWB Kombi and the price £237.95+ Vat

If you contact nunderwood@sortimo.co.uk he is the South West Area Sales rep and is really helpful.

Russ

I've the sortimo floor and shelving, excellent quality, beats any shelving i've had previously including Bott, the floor should come pre cut for the lash down points as well?

I've the sortimo floor and shelving, excellent quality, beats any shelving i've had previously including Bott, the floor should come pre cut for the lash down points as well?
Sortimo quoted £400 including vat, which is £85 more than their brochure saying.
Someone taking the mickey me thinks

IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1713.JPG
Bit of a mess i'm afraid, pic one is of the floor lashing point, it was 200 to fit the shelving and floor and the wall/roof panels.

It's made it a pleasure to work out of, most weeks the only thing on the floor is the ladders!

Do the side step trims go over the floor?

What about the rear plastic threshold cover?
IMG_1716.JPG
Cheers
1st pic is rear door detail with trim, 2nd pic is side door. I mistakenly ordered floor for a swb but fitter was able to use a 2nd floor piece to cover the area so back is not as flush as it should be.

IMG_1720.JPG

The panel hiding the rhs wheel arch is hinged and is handy for pumps and loose stuff. all the boxes can be removed, badly taken pic attached.

IMG_1719.JPG

Sortimo Sobogrip floors are made to order in Germany, even Sortimo UK do not hold stock of these,

£238.60 plus vat for SWB T6, plus delivery
£320.00 plus vat for LWB T6, plus delivery

I've used the standard rubber flooring which will come in your Kombi, after 14 months of hard use its still like new (ok a bit dirty) i carry a 300kg tool box which gets moved around the floor, along with metal items that are approx 70kg each, nothing has damaged the floor, the really heavy items leave a slight indentation, but this lifts on it's own once the weight is removed.

If was to order another van i'd go for the same again, and thats after years of hard floor coverings.

Back