Rubber Mats Floor Mounted Fixing Clips

will_campbell

Hello Everyone,

I've always bought and fitted the genuine rubber mats on VW cars I've owned in the past and each vehicle has included fixing points onto which the floor mats have been clipped.

I have recently purchased some of the genuine heavy duty rubber mats (from VanStyle) for our lwb T6, however, there are no floor mounted fixing points on the cab floor.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere to purchase the floor mounted fixings and advise on how these are installed, i.e. are they simply screwed through the factory fit floor lining?

Thanks.

They should have come with plastic self tapping screws, place the mat in the correct position then screw them into the rubber flooring.

I have the same issue, I hope I am not being dense....
I want rubber mats but have no clipping points, at the moment I have a removable one piece front carpet mat over the fixed carpeted floor.
Are the holes already drilled under the carpet through the van floor, or do you have drill them to take the plastic self tappers?

The screws that come with the genuine rubber mats are like plastic corkscrews and you stab and twist them into the existing factory flooring to give you the anchor points so they are only suitable for vans with rubber floor and not carpeted from factory

Thanks Pauly.
Disappointingly it looks like will have to put up with regular cleaning of the one piece carpet mat.

I’ve just bought the heavy duty rubber mats from VW and they came with clips. I don’t fancy screwing them into the rubber flooring as I think they’ll pull out (ok into woven carpet IMHO). I was going to use a couple of bits of paracord on the drivers and tie it to the seat fixing.

That said, they’ve been fine just in loose whilst we’ve been away last week. Not moved at all.

Ian

Thanks Ian.
I may risk getting the heavy duty mats without fixing them down, they appear to be good fit in the footwells.

I have the heavy duty rubber 3 piece mat. They haven't moved since April, except strangely the middle section. Drivers is still in exactly the same position. I won't fit the clips

Hello Everyone,

I've always bought and fitted the genuine rubber mats on VW cars I've owned in the past and each vehicle has included fixing points onto which the floor mats have been clipped.

I have recently purchased some of the genuine heavy duty rubber mats (from VanStyle) for our lwb T6, however, there are no floor mounted fixing points on the cab floor.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere to purchase the floor mounted fixings and advise on how these are installed, i.e. are they simply screwed through the factory fit floor lining?

Thanks.
Hi, did you get any? Try ebay item number 163604587404

Did ye have any luck finding these clips?

Looking for a set now for VW 7H2061551B041 Front rubber mega mats. The mat includes this bracket 3C0864523.

What is the retainer that is required to fit this bracket? I think its 3D0 864 812. Anyone got these mats/retainers?

Back