Odometer reading different on VCDS/Calista

Jonesy123

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello again..

Bit of knowledge that surely can't offend any of my fan club. Just genuine help.
And this may also have been discussed....and yes I know some of you are experts already....
But the forum is for newbies also.

I had a customer email me last week about a van he bought with 63k on the clock.
The Calista said 101k and he asked if I thought he had been scammed?
Then he sent me links to articles about zee Germans putting younger ECU into older cars to make the mileage seem less etc etc...

Just incase anyone else has this issue before yee freak out, consider that although your dash display is in miles....your European engine will be in Kilometers.
So 63,000 miles is 101,000 kilometers.

So don't worry.

COMMENT TROLL DISCLAIMER:
yes, there may be clandestine forces at play who have fiddled engines before and yes please do share that in the comments if relevant. All helps the new guys.

Surely I can't get a slagging on that one lol.

Hello again..

Bit of knowledge that surely can't offend any of my fan club. Just genuine help.
And this may also have been discussed....and yes I know some of you are experts already....
But the forum is for newbies also.

I had a customer email me last week about a van he bought with 63k on the clock.
The Calista said 101k and he asked if I thought he had been scammed?
Then he sent me links to articles about zee Germans putting younger ECU into older cars to make the mileage seem less etc etc...

Just incase anyone else has this issue before yee freak out, consider that although your dash display is in miles....your European engine will be in Kilometers.
So 63,000 miles is 101,000 kilometers.

So don't worry.

COMMENT TROLL DISCLAIMER:
yes, there may be clandestine forces at play who have fiddled engines before and yes please do share that in the comments if relevant. All helps the new guys.

Surely I can't get a slagging on that one lol.
Not a peep from me :speechless:;) :)

Back