Notts / Derby Area - Van Servicing

T5SUG

T6 Pro
Can anyone recommend anywhere in the Notts / Derby for servicing?
Still under warranty til September and done 31K

Imperial VW Derby - only had warranty work done but they were much better service than Sheffield Van Centre.

Have you had much done by these guys?
Yes. They did a lot of work for my on my T5 Shuttle removing the rear air con unit when I converted it. Then loads of work on the 5cyl diesel unit. I use them for my servicing on my T6. I think they quoted just over £400 to do my cambelt. 20/10 racing in Little Eaton quoted a bit under £400. I use them for all my other servicing & MOTs.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the Notts / Derby for servicing?
Still under warranty til September and done 31K

I was going ask a similar question

@Tourershine do you still recommend VW in Leicester ???

Don't use the Imperial commercials VW in Beeston. For anything Bunch of MUPPETS !

Yes. They did a lot of work for my on my T5 Shuttle removing the rear air con unit when I converted it. Then loads of work on the 5cyl diesel unit. I use them for my servicing on my T6. I think they quoted just over £400 to do my cambelt. 20/10 racing in Little Eaton quoted a bit under £400. I use them for all my other servicing & MOTs.

Thanks, we have the car done at Toyota Ilkeston as they have been the best motor dealer and service centre we have ever used. But I'll give Sunset a call as this is my first year with the trasnporter and it's 4 years old with no warranty to need to find a good independant. Thanks for the reccomendation.

My T6 is due a service at 40k 17 reg 3 yrs old.
Other than buying the original parts form Vw which brands should I look at getting that are best match OEM quality.
oil filter
Air “”
Pollen “”
Fuel. “”
Also needs rear discs / pads
Thanks guys

My T6 is due a service at 40k 17 reg 3 yrs old.
Other than buying the original parts form Vw which brands should I look at getting that are best match OEM quality.
oil filter
Air “”
Pollen “”
Fuel. “”
Also needs rear discs / pads
Thanks guys

Can you get into your local TPS? OE parts then. Always had no problems with Fram or EBC.

Hi, wondering if any body found or uses a dealer in the mentioned area that they would recommend, that isn't Motus. Have had a very bad experience from the Derby one and the Nottingham one wasn't much better. I have recently taken the extended warranty, and now have an engine warning light related to Ad blue. So hoping covered by the warranty . Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Sheffield (VW) Van Centre were ‘ok’ for warranty work. Last few services I’ve used Chesterfield VW North (an independent) who have been great.

This is the problem, if its not warranty covered then its going to an independent, however can't find out without taking it to a main dealer and here they charge £110 to attach a diagnostic tool to it, and one of the issues I had with motus (1 of quite a few) was I put in a position and felt like I was robbed in that paying for things I should not have been paying for at dealer rates.

Last edited:
Hi, wondering if any body found or uses a dealer in the mentioned area that they would recommend, that isn't Motus. Have had a very bad experience from the Derby one and the Nottingham one wasn't much better. I have recently taken the extended warranty, and now have an engine warning light related to Ad blue. So hoping covered by the warranty . Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks
I use Sunset VW in Derby, recommended to me by a few people on here and they have been ace. They are an independent but all VW trained and itemise VW only parts on the bill.

Not sure how you would get round the main dealer charging you for looking at the van if they decide it's not warranty, seems like an excuse to print money. We've had two new cars in the house this year..... and they are not VW. The van is as that's what it is, but when the transit is being built in the same factory I might be trying Ford.

I have heard only good things about Sunset , however I did call them and their first available booking is the end of August. What disappointed me about the person I talked to was that I asked if they would recommend anyone else and their reply was that they would only recommend Motus. I am thinking of looking for a dealer in Bristol as I will be here for 5 weeks from the week after next, and maybe there is one someone can recommend here.

Back