Not A T6, But Here's My Van

Very nice! Did r tec do all that work for you? I was in there over Xmas and nearly got carried away myself! ;)

Very nice! Did r tec do all that work for you? I was in there over Xmas and nearly got carried away myself! ;)

Hi

No R-tec just supplied the wheels and tpms valves etc. I supplied the tyres for them to fit. I got the H&R springs direct and got the indie that looks after my car to fit for me. I'm not a chrome fan so I debadged the back and got the side bars painted satin black and had the other bits of chrome trim done body colour too.

I'm confused why you're on a T6 forum ? :laugh: nice looking van either way.

I was originally looking at buying a 204bhp transporter, but...... This is a good forum for general van related stuff. Very difficult to find much info on the Vito specifically.

I was originally looking at buying a 204bhp transporter, but...... This is a good forum for general van related stuff. Very difficult to find much info on the Vito specifically.

Like @MatT6 I also couldn't understand why you were in here, but cannot argue with that answer:thumbsup:

Now, the Elephant that's just appeared in the room.... What made you buy a Merc over a VW? I looked at the Vito and road tested one when I was buying my T6, but VW just pipped it for me.

I deliberated for quite a while between a T6 and the Vito. Both had advantages and disadvantages for me.

The big and I do mean big advantage in the T6 for me is the dash, particularly the comfort dash which is what I was opting for. The Vito dash is very bland in comparison, but it is functional. There is a much bigger aftermarket following for the VW, so any little mods are far easier and more accessible. That said I do like to make things difficult for myself!!

Other than that I found the Vito was ticking more boxes for me. The main thing being I prefer rear wheel drive over front wheel drive. That’s probably due to nearly all my cars being rear wheel drive I guess. You also sit a little lower in the Vito and it feels less van like to drive. I found my mates 150bhp T6 seemed to suffer from a fair bit of torque steer and I found it more so in the 204. They were both empty though, so maybe with a bit of load that would have improved?

Back