Noobie needs help

Camzster

Hi all

I've just joined and am looking to go camping for a long weekend in my T5, i wanted to be able to run a 12v or 24v fridge, charge an iphone and work some lights in the van when reading at night, can you advise what i need please - looking to consider Solar power - to battery - to charger

im not really very technically minded but need something and some where to start looking

can anyone offer some advice of where to look, what it will cost?

many thanks for your time

Camz

Are you camping “off grid” or at campsites? Just wondering why a simple electric hookup wouldn’t meet your needs

im doing a stewards event at Silverstone and basically we camp in a field well away from electrical areas, we access to toilets and suchlike, but its not really a well electric hookup so i want to be self supportive should i not have electric to hand

No I don't I use the van for work,

It's all carpeted it on the inside so I'm just starting to get into this sort of thing and I haven't got a clue where to start it's a 2013 long wheelbase Volkswagen transporter

So I need advice on what I need and potentially I would be a good company to fit it out for me or if indeed I should try it myself

You’d be surprised how long you’ll get out of a leisure battery. You can also get a fold-out free-standing solar panel top it up (but may not need it!) The big question is whether you actually need a fridge rather than a 12v cool box for a weekend. A cheap and cheerful start will give you a lot of ideas of what you’d want in the final fit out

Back