Noob: Campervan Planning

Nomad Lad

Hi,

Just joined as I’m planning to buy a T5 or T6 next Spring.

I’m moving to France next year and I wanna get a van to get professionally converted into a camper.

They’ve gotten very strict on regulations in France for custom built camper vans which is the main reason I’ve decided to go the expensive route in getting it professionally done. (Just couldn’t afford a California though).

The main things I plan to find out are;
-whether to go for T5 or T6
-which engine has the best balance between power and fuel economy
-is a remap necessary to get that balance
-if I was to opt for 4motion, is there a big fuel or reliability penalty

The. Once I’ve figured all that out I plan to upgrade the in car entertainment system etc.

Anyway, I’ve got plenty of reading to do so looking forward to getting stuck in.

Cheers

;)

T6 second hand market will be coming alive now in the next few months with vehicles being handed back off PC's etc. That might be the best route for your plans?

Also, I wouldn't look for anything under T30 - 150hp due to weight / power.

Last edited:
Make sure you drive some vans to get a feel for performance. Our 102 hp van is fine as a camper, as we are always in holiday mode when driving it. We might think differently if it was a daily driver.

Pete

T6 second hand market will be coming alive now in the next few months with vehicles being handed back off PC's etc. That might be the best route for your plans?

Also, I wouldn't look for anything under T30 - 150hp due to weight / power.
What’s PC’s?

Back