Nokian seasonproof

Churchy

VIP Member
Hi all- not far off needing two new all season tyres 235/55/18 104. Been running Nokian weather proof or as they are now season-proof for last few years on the 4motion and the fronts seem to wear much quicker than the rear particularly on the shoulders. Also both fronts and rears have some cracking on the shoulders however this didn’t pose a problem at the recent MOT.

Struggling to find anywhere that stocks them both size and brand having searched all online retailers - is there a reason for this!?

Apart from my OCD about matching tyres is there any reason why I can’t run a different brand on the front to rear and then match them up when the rears are due?!

Thanks in advance

Hi all- not far off needing two new all season tyres 235/55/18 104. Been running Nokian weather proof or as they are now season-proof for last few years on the 4motion and the fronts seem to wear much quicker than the rear particularly on the shoulders. Also both fronts and rears have some cracking on the shoulders however this didn’t pose a problem at the recent MOT.

Struggling to find anywhere that stocks them both size and brand having searched all online retailers - is there a reason for this!?

Apart from my OCD about matching tyres is there any reason why I can’t run a different brand on the front to rear and then match them up when the rears are due?!

Thanks in advance
I had Weatherproofs on my van but as you've found, I couldn't get replacements so I rotated the front and rear until they were all due for replacement. I's normal for front tyres to wear quicker than the rears regardless of brand - the front tyres do most of the braking and all of the steering. There's no reason why you can't run a different brand of tyre front / rear, although I can't bring myself to do it! :slow rofl:

If they are wearing significantly more on the shoulders than the centre then it’s likely an indication that your tyre pressure is too low.

I had Weatherproofs on my van but as you've found, I couldn't get replacements so I rotated the front and rear until they were all due for replacement. I's normal for front tyres to wear quicker than the rears regardless of brand - the front tyres do most of the braking and all of the steering. There's no reason why you can't run a different brand of tyre front / rear, although I can't bring myself to do it! :slow rofl:
Hi Dave - still no luck with sourcing the Seasonproof and no reply from Nokian so just wondered what tyre you opted for as a replacement?

Hi Dave - still no luck with sourcing the Seasonproof and no reply from Nokian so just wondered what tyre you opted for as a replacement?
I went with Bridgestone A005EVO, an all season tyre that looks similar to the Nokian Weatherproof.
A year and 12K miles later I'm happy with how they perform but I doubt they'll last more than 20K miles.

1686331251959.png

Ok thank you - I’m considering those along with seeing if the budget will stretch to the Michelins!

Just about to press buy on these - can’t find a better price anywhere if you factor in the £60 cash back. Hoping they’ll be a simple direct swap for the Nokians ie. Correct load and speed rating etc? Having moved to the south lakes in December I then realise Camskill are just around the coast from me! Just got to find a fitter that will fit customer supplied tyres now! Just for info it turns out Nokian had to shut / sell their two factories in Russia which stands to reason but still unsure why they couldn’t reply to an email!

Michelin Tyres / All Season Car / Michelin Cross Climate 2 235/55 R18 104V XL RG TL Fuel Eff.: B Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: B Noise: 71dB All Season - Four Season - All Weather - Car/MPV Tyres - 18" R18" - 235/55/18, 235/55R18

Just about to press buy on these - can’t find a better price anywhere if you factor in the £60 cash back. Hoping they’ll be a simple direct swap for the Nokians ie. Correct load and speed rating etc? Having moved to the south lakes in December I then realise Camskill are just around the coast from me! Just got to find a fitter that will fit customer supplied tyres now! Just for info it turns out Nokian had to shut / sell their two factories in Russia which stands to reason but still unsure why they couldn’t reply to an email!

Michelin Tyres / All Season Car / Michelin Cross Climate 2 235/55 R18 104V XL RG TL Fuel Eff.: B Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: B Noise: 71dB All Season - Four Season - All Weather - Car/MPV Tyres - 18" R18" - 235/55/18, 235/55R18
They're good on load and speed rating for all T6's.

Back