No spare wheel or carrier

Kev

T6 Pro
My T6 was delivered with no spare, but does have a tyre imflater thing, I can only assume it was specked this way even though I specked it myself, it is a my18 lwb 204..
anyone know where and how much a spare and carrier is? And if it will just fit straight on?

No spare wheel or carrier? that is a new one on me. I would be back to the dealer straight away. Dont think there was a box saying no spare when i ordered mine :confused:

Mine (T6 LWB 150 TDI) was delivered in Oct 17 with a spare and carrier. The carrier mount is welded to the chassis so any retro is difficult. Call VW customer care line and ask them as they have all your details and spec. They can advise what the official factory spec is for your build... I did that for my short exhaust and they were very helpful and professional.

This has been mentioned before, I have a brand new spare carrier and hinge pin at the office but never got as far as investigating underneath van with it in hand but looks like a simple fit

Reactions: Kev
If you do get desperate and cannot locate one, I removed mine from new and still have the carrier and pin which I more than likely won't ever put back on.

Reactions: Kev
My T6 was delivered with no spare, but does have a tyre imflater thing, I can only assume it was specked this way even though I specked it myself, it is a my18 lwb 204..
anyone know where and how much a spare and carrier is? And if it will just fit straight on?
Did you order it with 18" wheels?, I think you loose the spare wheel with 18" wheels, something to do with weights/mass I believe. I wonder if its also true with LWB?

If you do get desperate and cannot locate one, I removed mine from new and still have the carrier and pin which I more than likely won't ever put back on.
Good Morning.....
Just seen this thread, what do you do in the event of a puncture? I have just changed my 17s for 18s (sold all 5 so no spare)
Cheers.

Good Morning.....
Just seen this thread, what do you do in the event of a puncture? I have just changed my 17s for 18s (sold all 5 so no spare)
Cheers.

I carry a lot of kit for my work in my van permanently, and within this kit is a proper jack, breaker bar and socket, and an identical 19" spare wheel.

If I buy wheels. I always buy 5 because I would roll up in a ball and cry at the side of the road if I got a flat and the spare didn't aesthetically match.
Plus it fit's into it's own space in the back, and never gets dirty like they do underneath.

Oh and the van looks a lot better without that spare wheel dragging under the rear!

I still need to get a spare and carrierbif anyone knows if it will be a straight bolt on fit?

when i bought my T6 swb from Norwich vw commercial vehicles. When i got back home found there was no jack ..no brace ..no spare wheel or carrier .
So phoned them up and they said because it had larger alloys on it they wouldn't fit ...so did not come with spare wheel or carrier ..just come with that glue rubbish to mend your puncture ...so if it is a minor damage puncture it renders the tyre scrap after using the tyre glue
SO on the lookout for Jack, Brace,Spare wheel ,and spare wheel carrier ..thanks a lot vw ...shame you didn't at least supply a stool to sit on whilst waiting for the break down truck .

What alloys did the van come with?
Can't remember the name now ...tried to look for the old ad ...began with a p and multi spoked with black on the inner sections ..look good there 18's ...will try and post pics when i have worked out how to :)

As mine was a LWB T32, i just went out and ordered a wheel carrier, a real jack and then sourced a spare tire and rim

But, having said that i was informed at ordering that it didn't come with a spare tire.

Can't remember the name now ...tried to look for the old ad ...began with a p and multi spoked with black on the inner sections ..look good there 18's ...will try and post pics when i have worked out how to :)
Palmerston ?

My van came with 18's and I have a 17" spare wheel so I think the dealer is talking rubbish.

Back