Newbie sportline worth the extra

Firthster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all I've been lurking on here for a couple of years,
up to now I've dismissed vans with double passenger seat, any way im looking at T6 sportlines now and very tempted,
i have lots of questions but here goes, are the sportlines worth the money?
the ones I've seen all have double seat in the front, if I bought a single captain chair do the base come with them or are they separate?
also could I trim the single with the leather off the double seat, and is there enough leather to do so,

and lastly i wish id bought one 12 months ago now lol

IMHO. .

the Sportline's are nice, but pricey for what they are.

the Sportline is just a basic van with some of the mods added in the uk

they deliver the base van to the UK, then its sent to somewhere in the Uk that fits the sportline kit . .

wheels,
sidebars.
spoiler,
body kit,
leather seats,
lower springs
etc.

these are all the things that make having a van fun and personal to you ( when you do these upgrades your self)

so if you like the Sportline setup and are happy to keep it exactly as it is . . . then great.

but if you plan to start swapping wheels, tyres, suspension, body kit etc - then you may as well start a fresh and not bother.

the other thing is you will get is Sportline stamp on your logbook and some fancy badges on the rear, . . (might add some re-sale value for the purists)

so do you want to spend all the mod money up front and be happy with the factory look? - then get one

or

do you want to personalise the van and start fitting your own bits as time goes by and spread the cost? - dont get one

Come Join the Teams:

1624507818313.png

1624507834551.png

1624507957955.png

thanks for the reply, mmmm some very good points made
yes i was going to change the suspension, probably wheels and a bit of carbon,
im new to transporters as i was going transit sport as im a ford nut at heart,
the sport lines I've seen are very competitive price wise with say a standard highline,
are the sportline engine the same as what's in a t5.1 sportline? and do they suffer like the 180 bitdi as thats another worry,
cheers Paul,

T6 range of engines were tweeked.. after the T5.1

From 2016 i think.

For Euro6 emmissions stanrards.

All 2.0ltr but with different bhps.

All have adblue tanks. Etc.

The big guy is the 204PS that comes with the biturbo.

DSG or manual are options but no 4M.

T6 range of engines were tweeked.. after the T5.1

From 2016 i think.

For Euro6 emmissions stanrards.

All 2.0ltr but with different bhps.

All have adblue tanks. Etc.

The big guy is the 204PS that comes with the biturbo.

DSG or manual are options but no 4M.
Not all T6s are Euro6 with Adblue. Some of the Earlier ones are Euro5.

yep . . very true.

but the Sportline didn't come out for until a year later (MY17/MY18) . . .

when EU6 was the only option.

I've seen 2 vans
1 has 112000 miles the other has 70000 about 5 grand difference in price,
would you even consider the higher miler one,

my head tells me to wait as price wise they are sky high at the min,
my heart say f@@@ it we are only here once,
if truth be know i wanted blackberry as my first choice,
got to be DSG aswel,

Another thing to check is if it is a sport sportline or is it just a badge
Pretty sure our van just has a sportline badge, it's has a highline and a sportline badge which I thinks a bit odd?? Doesn't have leather, lowered and badge feels cheaper than the highline one

to check you can put the REG in to a site like this . . . ( basic search is free - no need to sign up or pay)

i have the APP on the phone too . . . its very good. will remind you about MOTs and TAX etc, also has previous mot history.

mine comes up with this. T32 Sptln

its the same data as the V5 doc.

Tr-Sporter T32 Sptln Tdibmt Sa

1624606174702.png

1624606251082.png

Last edited:
New Sportline comes with a few extras that are fitted at the factory like digital dash, comfort dash, leather-alacantra seats with red piping.
They also get fitted with a unique illuminated side bars, factory led headlights, tail lights etc.
On the configurator I ticked all the boxes of a Highline to make it look like the new Sportline and basically come out the same price. Obviously it didn’t have the option of digital dash and body kit.
It comes with the 204 DSG set up too.
Id buy the Sportline as will be easier to sell.
Im being biased here as I’m just about to order one lol

Cheers dellmassive, confirms that I do have a highline. Doesn't surprise me that the (non vw) dealer added a badge

New Sportline comes with a few extras that are fitted at the factory like digital dash, comfort dash, leather-alacantra seats with red piping.
They also get fitted with a unique illuminated side bars, factory led headlights, tail lights etc.
On the configurator I ticked all the boxes of a Highline to make it look like the new Sportline and basically come out the same price. Obviously it didn’t have the option of digital dash and body kit.
It comes with the 204 DSG set up too.
Id buy the Sportline as will be easier to sell.
Im being biased here as I’m just about to order one lol
I did that with a 204 LWB kombi, specced everything that a LWB Sportline Kombi has as standard equipment and it came to £79k.

Today i did mot checker the 112000 miler has unreadable mileage on the first MOT?
the one with 70000 no results come back for the reg, so must have been on a private plate?
so a bit confused tbh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't VW only announced the sale of the Sportline in the last few months? So what have people being buying over the last few years in T6 guise?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't VW only announced the sale of the Sportline in the last few months? So what have people being buying over the last few years in T6 guise?
See post #2 above

Hang on, to save you looking yourself, here's the bit that tells you what you were asking.

the Sportline is just a basic van with some of the mods added in the uk

they deliver the base van to the UK, then its sent to somewhere in the Uk that fits the sportline kit . .

wheels,
sidebars.
spoiler,
body kit,
leather seats,
lower springs
etc.

I wasn't aware the Sportline was part of the line up of models you could order over the life of the T6. It is only recently that VW have made a big thing of the Sportline model in their marketing, and I read somewhere in the press, this was down to the "modding" scene and VW trying to muscle in on it, and the lack of the model in the previous T6. Is there anyone on here with a factory ordered, or dealer specced Sportline T6?

Back