New Wheels & Tyres Ordered

ShaunR

T6 Pro
Right im about to order the below wheels and tyres and also booked in for it to be lowered for my T6 T28 highline.
Can people let me know if they think there's a problem or I'm ordering wrong sizes thanks
K Assasin wheels 19 x 8.5 Et35 5x120 pcs 72.6mm.
225/40/R19 Falken FK 510 100YXL.
STS Coilover kit of which Demon Tweeks are fitting.

I agree with @GARY Doe. I was running 19x8.5 and they were fitted with 255/45/19 and fit perfect with the rim.
I don't know if it's because you want a slightly stretched look, or if it's because you want the 40 profile, but 225 is a little undersized for a normal look.

I agree with @GARY Doe. I was running 19x8.5 and they were fitted with 255/45/19 and fit perfect with the rim.
I don't know if it's because you want a slightly stretched look, or if it's because you want the 40 profile, but 225 is a little undersized for a normal look.
Also the narrow one is more prone to curbing.

Thanks for the info ,
I just picked the wheels and the rep recommended that tyre size .
My head is that battered over what wheels look nice and what size to put on 18"19" or 20" and what lowering kit to hàve.
Glad to have you lads on this forum for your excellent knowledge.
I will get in touch with the rep to see what the difference in the price he's quoted for me will be.

Just been on the phone and the rep typed it up wrong it should have been 255/40/R19.
Think I will go with your size though 255/45/ Tourershine.
Now what about the STS coilover kit , how low should I go 40mm or more.
I've got a empty van and won't be loading it up other than having a bed in it thanks

Just been on the phone and the rep typed it up wrong it should have been 255/40/R19.
Think I will go with your size though 255/45/ Tourershine.
Now what about the STS coilover kit , how low should I go 40mm or more.
I've got a empty van and won't be loading it up other than having a bed in it thanks

Your drop is a personal thing, some go as low as coilovers will drop, like me, some keep some height leftover.
Personally the 45/19 tyre suits lowest if you look at my van, but that's just my opinion.
Do bare in mind that if you're carrying no weight, there will be a perfect setting that's level, and it will normally mean the rear is set lower than the front.
So if it was me, my priority would be getting the van level as you're not carrying weight. A T6 that sits higher at the rear, than it does at the front will drive you mad, as it has many other members.

Back