New Wave Custom Conversions - any customer here?

Only fly in the ointment is that New Wave want £500 (non-refundable) deposit when you book. I'm not going until next April so paying that now seems a bit rich. Guess I'll have to contact them again later in the year (when handing over cash in advance doesn't seem so bad!)
I would imagine most companies will want a deposit of some kind.
Is April the earliest slot they have available?

I don't mind paying a deposit, but not 8 months in advance? April is the earliest I could get down there (although they are fully booked until Jan 18) All pretty cool though - I said I'd contact them later in the year and book it in then.

You do run the risk though of April becoming a later month if they are fully booked 6 months in advance.
£500 sounds quite reasonable given the likely value of the work.

You do run the risk though of April becoming a later month if they are fully booked 6 months in advance.
£500 sounds quite reasonable given the likely value of the work.

You may be right I guess but it seems a little early in the day for me. Perhaps I've been living in Yorkshire too long!

Only fly in the ointment is that New Wave want £500 (non-refundable) deposit when you book. I'm not going until next April so paying that now seems a bit rich. Guess I'll have to contact them again later in the year (when handing over cash in advance doesn't seem so bad!)
New Wave are always very busy. Personally I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for a deposit to reserve a slot. It's quite common for all the quality converters.

New Wave are always very busy. Personally I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for a deposit to reserve a slot. It's quite common for all the quality converters.
Now I feel bad :oops:

Maybe I was a Yorkshire man in a former life, because I would not parting with £500 8 months ahead of schedule either.

Surely it's no different to paying a deposit when ordering the van? I paid £2k and had to wait over 7 months.

Reactions: DPS
I paid £500 depo. On my kombi order + fully refundable at any time if I changed my mind because they would sell it easy.
In there defence if it's booked and you get a now show the wages still have to be paid.

If you want to come down to Wales to get it done check out Celtic Motorhomes on Facebook. Highly recommend as they did my van. Check out the chameleon van in the T4/T5 mag from a few months back.

Back