New Van Paint Question

Motohawk

Hi
Have VW slightly dropped there standards with regards to finish these days ?
Looking under the bonnet of a new T6 in cherry red and the underneath of the bonnet and some of the back of the engine bay near the bulk head is not full colour red but still in a grey like primer, pretty sure my old T5 was the same colour in those areas .... anyone else have this in there bus ?

Mines the same. "Bright Orange" van but under the bonnet its grey/white primer... doesnt bother me but it does smack of pfennig-pinching...

Mines is the same, pretty pi55ed off about that to be fair, never had this in any other new cars, went to the dealer the other day to see others, most the same, although the caravelles are not! do you get those under bonnet covers from the T6?

VW intruduced that cost cutting measure when the T5 was superceeded by the T5.1. They also deleted the engine under tray (on most versions) at the same time.

pretty sure that could be a claim against their anti corrosion warranty, should any rust/corrosion develop on those areas.

pretty sure that could be a claim against their anti corrosion warranty, should any rust/corrosion develop on those areas.

Don't be too sure :(
Several of us are currently locking horns with VW over corrosion, and it's been quite a battle.

do they have there anti corrosion details listed somewhere? i'd be interested to read this over

do they have there anti corrosion details listed somewhere? i'd be interested to read this over

Volkswagen Van Warranty | VW Vans

Our battle was with spots of corrosion appearing in random areas around the van. VW claimed these were caused by outside influences, but I'm just getting somewhere at the moment.

As for under my bonnet, I had it painted properly when I swapped my bonnets.

VW have actually assisted the corrosion to form by offering no full protection the panels they have only primed

Back