New to VCDS, help and advice?

JOG

Limp Member
VIP Member
T6 Master
I’d welcome views on the use of a VCDS in the hands of a novice/numpty (erm....that would be me!) - how would one become trained in using one?

I’d welcome views on the use of a VCDS in the hands of a novice/numpty (erm....that would be me!) - how would one become trained in using one?
I borrowed someone’s recently and was surprised how intuitive it was. You scan your van first, save the scan as a backup / blueprint, and then code away.
Most options are tick boxes, otherwise the unlisted options are numerical codes that you’d have picked up from places like this forum.

It's quite straightforward, but TAKE A BACKUP of your settings first :) (should have done that when I started using it but then I didn't and luckily had some very nice people around to help me get it straight again ;-)

Start with trying something easy (for example changing 3 blinks to 4 when you touch the indicator switch), and work your way up.

There's also loads of information on this forum, and on the vcds forum (and elsewhere on the net).

Back