New to T6's

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Ok I’m new to this T6 stuff, I may have jumped in too quick and not done enough research before buying. Didn’t do any research really and it basically came down to “ oooooh like picture , need one” . I’m happy with my T6 but am now wishing I had just taken my time. I purchased one from what I feel was a pretty well know van center nr Sheffield. It’s a T30 140 Kombi Highline. I had the stereo upgraded and a front camera added as well as a rear one. Plus a tow bar [that’s another discussion point for another day]
The items I regret not getting are the additional 40hp for kick off. The 140 works fine but lacks a little bottom end grunt when in top and I find myself changing between 6th and 5th on the motorway depending on speed . That leads me on to the manual option, I should have got the auto, I like the manual but the wife finds it hard when she jumps in “ the squad bus” as the kids call it and does the school run [killer hill start and a long line of parents…. Not the best combination] .
I’m interested to find out if anyone has fitted glass [windows] behind the sliding door glass so it looks like a shuttlebus whilst retaining the bodywork behind. I just would like to add this to finish it off ? Also I had the windows blacked just so the kids don’t put other road users off [they must take after their mother ]. I’m concerned that there may be some difference in colour.
Thanks lough90

Ok I’m new to this T6 stuff, I may have jumped in too quick and not done enough research before buying. Didn’t do any research really and it basically came down to “ oooooh like picture , need one” . I’m happy with my T6 but am now wishing I had just taken my time. I purchased one from what I feel was a pretty well know van center nr Sheffield. It’s a T30 140 Kombi Highline. I had the stereo upgraded and a front camera added as well as a rear one. Plus a tow bar [that’s another discussion point for another day]
The items I regret not getting are the additional 40hp for kick off. The 140 works fine but lacks a little bottom end grunt when in top and I find myself changing between 6th and 5th on the motorway depending on speed . That leads me on to the manual option, I should have got the auto, I like the manual but the wife finds it hard when she jumps in “ the squad bus” as the kids call it and does the school run [killer hill start and a long line of parents…. Not the best combination] .
I’m interested to find out if anyone has fitted glass [windows] behind the sliding door glass so it looks like a shuttlebus whilst retaining the bodywork behind. I just would like to add this to finish it off ? Also I had the windows blacked just so the kids don’t put other road users off [they must take after their mother ]. I’m concerned that there may be some difference in colour.
Thanks lough90
Regarding the windows, if you had limo tints on your genuine Kombi windows, I think if you went for limo tint on the false ones it should be very close. But remember they may look slightly darker due to still having the panel behind. Give exploria a call, very helpful I was there last week.

I've got rear windows both sides with the one on the drivers side being a false one.... Can't tell any difference with the tint it you can't tell from the outside that it's a false window

It does not appear to have hill hold. I have driven other manufactures of van that had this function and liked it. Can this be turned on and off?

Thanks if that's the case i need to have this look at

I need to get this checked out as like this post says its a standard feature o_O

Don't worry you are not alone. There will always be options you wished you'd had. Be great if the salesman knew enough to tell you about them :mad:

Ours hasn't been delivered yet and already I have a list of things I should / could have spec'd. Never mind hey, they'll keep me occupied for some time to come :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you were to fit glass in the rear without removing the steel work. Condensation will form between the glass and the panel and rot the panel from the inside out.

If you were to fit glass in the rear without removing the steel work. Condensation will form between the glass and the panel and rot the panel from the inside out.

Thats a good point, see quite a few people doing it though.

Ok I give in, hill start ? Is it on all, even dsg and how do you know when it's on ?

come on @Pedro catch up ;)

It holds the brake on for a few seconds after you release it to stop you rolling back. Standard on all T6 i believe, don't think there is a on/off :unsure:

Sorry , thought it was a proper hold on any gradient until you put your foot on accelerator ( like BMW ) ;)

Sorry , thought it was a proper hold on any gradient until you put your foot on accelerator ( like BMW ) ;)

Mine works just like that- A tad of roll back then it locks up until you press the go peddle...

Back