New T6 Kombi T32 SWB suspension query

Fred_in_the_van

Hello from Stroud.

Just got my very first van, low mileage factory condition, T6 Kombi T32 SWB 150ps. I am planing to make a day van out of it probably with the Reimo variotech full width in a few month and maybe a pop up roof next year. Just started the sound deadening and insulation.
Question is, the OEM suspension are extremely hard. Can they be softened in a garage without compromising the MPG too much or changing/modifying them the only way to make it more comfortable. I can see lots of you on here lowering theirs, does this improve anything or just for looks? I quite like having the ground clearance.

Thanks

Fred

I’ve got a t6 combi t32 factory spec apart from suspension. B14’s komfort dropped 55mm - drives so much more like a car and more importantly feels safer into and out of corners. Would never go back to stock.

Hello from Stroud.

Just got my very first van, low mileage factory condition, T6 Kombi T32 SWB 150ps. I am planing to make a day van out of it probably with the Reimo variotech full width in a few month and maybe a pop up roof next year. Just started the sound deadening and insulation.
Question is, the OEM suspension are extremely hard. Can they be softened in a garage without compromising the MPG too much or changing/modifying them the only way to make it more comfortable. I can see lots of you on here lowering theirs, does this improve anything or just for looks? I quite like having the ground clearance.

Thanks

Fred
Yes we can make it ride 100 % better. With out lowering . You certainly don’t need to look at. Coil overs or sleeve over kits. Because they only do. Low , lower and too low. , they can’t do normal height and you will save a lot of money !
proper shocks make the vehicle more stable , lower roll and pitch , reduce cab noise and ride superbly , all at standard height if that is what you want .

Yes we can make it ride 100 % better. With out lowering . You certainly don’t need to look at. Coil overs or sleeve over kits. Because they only do. Low , lower and too low. , they can’t do normal height and you will save a lot of money !
proper shocks make the vehicle more stable , lower roll and pitch , reduce cab noise and ride superbly , all at standard height if that is what you want .
This is what I’m after too - stock ride height or a very small drop ONLY if that improves things.
Most important to me is reducing noise (camper conversion so there are rattles on bumpy surfaces) and the comfort as I find it a bit crashy on potholes and a bit wallowy in general.
As I say I like standard ride height but could take a 20mm drop (30mm max) if that stops any roll? I presume a better ARB is more useful than lowering?
My van is a 2014 t28 with camper conversion.
Hit me with your best option and I’ll book it in!

This is what I’m after too - stock ride height or a very small drop ONLY if that improves things.
Most important to me is reducing noise (camper conversion so there are rattles on bumpy surfaces) and the comfort as I find it a bit crashy on potholes and a bit wallowy in general.
As I say I like standard ride height but could take a 20mm drop (30mm max) if that stops any roll? I presume a better ARB is more useful than lowering?
My van is a 2014 t28 with camper conversion.
Hit me with your best option and I’ll book it in!
Lowering the van doesn’t improve body roll. , shocks do , also body roll works two ways sideways and forwards and backwards. The Koni shocks will give you everything you need. Stability in corners. Better comfort, lower road noise into the cab , and a general confident feeling more like a car , !
this is a no brained for you as Koni are the only company making the special active which senses bumpy road surfaces and smooths the bumps out In a unique way ,
Anti roll bar upgrade also helps the increased center of gravity caused by the pop top and. Is a much better option than lowering springs ,

Lowering the van doesn’t improve body roll. , shocks do , also body roll works two ways sideways and forwards and backwards. The Koni shocks will give you everything you need. Stability in corners. Better comfort, lower road noise into the cab , and a general confident feeling more like a car , !
this is a no brained for you as Koni are the only company making the special active which senses bumpy road surfaces and smooths the bumps out In a unique way ,
Anti roll bar upgrade also helps the increased center of gravity caused by the pop top and. Is a much better option than lowering springs ,

Whats the approx cost to have this done?

The dampers are 745 to 795 depending on model. The anti roll bars are 425 to 575 ( on T6.1 )
prices per set including vat

Back