New t6 204

You can get 270 out of the 204ps on the passat but not on the t6 as there is a restriction.
235ps is about right and 400lbft.
Custom vans figures are about 20-30bhp over stated on the old engines.

That's disappointing! :( What's the restriction on the t6 against the Passat? Is it the same engine/Ecu etc?
How do custom vans get away with that at all?

Van looks very cool - Loving the wheels/suspesnion set up.

We run a couple of 204's with the DTUK boxes, and I have to say the results are stunning, plus the fact they are undetectable when removed. The power is really strong and smooth throughout the rev range. The technology in tuning boxes has certainly moved forward, especially now that re-maps flag the TD1, they are becoming the only warranty safe tuning option. If anyone wants a demo of one of these boxes and are in the area just give me a call.

Van looks very cool - Loving the wheels/suspesnion set up.

We run a couple of 204's with the DTUK boxes, and I have to say the results are stunning, plus the fact they are undetectable when removed. The power is really strong and smooth throughout the rev range. The technology in tuning boxes has certainly moved forward, especially now that re-maps flag the TD1, they are becoming the only warranty safe tuning option. If anyone wants a demo of one of these boxes and are in the area just give me a call.

Cheers for the comment :) what area are you based in? Have you had one of the 204 on the rolling road for bhp figures as I'm very interested in one of the tuning boxes.

Are you saying no shadow is left in the ecu from plugging in and out the tuning box? My dealer says anything plugged in leaves a shadow that vw software sees?

That's disappointing! :( What's the restriction on the t6 against the Passat? Is it the same engine/Ecu etc?
How do custom vans get away with that at all?

I think the dump pipe is smaller reducing turbo pressure limit. Some custom piping should release it all.

Problem with tuning boxes is that they are not custom tuned to your vehicle.

Not had an issue to date with tuning boxes, and ran both my wifes, last couple of Golf R's with them - Both had warranty work, and nothing came back. Im sure manufacturers are changing their detection systems all the time, but we've had no issues to date.

We are based in Bognor Regis if anyone want to come and try one out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised - We sell 2 or 3 a month with no issues.

Sure they are not a custom tune, but they are fully adjustable, and at present they keep your warranty intact. I have a customer with a 2015 180BTDI that has done near only 80,000 miles with a box on with no issues. I've run them personally on all my vehicles for a couple of years. I was also a re-map person, but cant risk loosing my warranty.

Not had an issue to date with tuning boxes, and ran both my wifes, last couple of Golf R's with them - Both had warranty work, and nothing came back. Im sure manufacturers are changing their detection systems all the time, but we've had no issues to date.

We are based in Bognor Regis if anyone want to come and try one out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised - We sell 2 or 3 a month with no issues.

Sure they are not a custom tune, but they are fully adjustable, and at present they keep your warranty intact. I have a customer with a 2015 180BTDI that has done near only 80,000 miles with a box on with no issues. I've run them personally on all my vehicles for a couple of years. I was also a re-map person, but cant risk loosing my warranty.

What's the cost and figures for a 180BiTDi?

We suggest fitting the pedal box as well to a DSG, reducing the DSG lag when pulling away. Fitted, we charge £600 for both. Figures wise, DTUK quote approx 215-220BHp - You just need to drive one to see what difference it makes. Better fuel economy too, once you've stopped thrashing it about.

On the Audi's that I have had remapped been totally amazed with the difference that the remap makes to the fuel economy.

Love the wheels mate. How much have you got it lowered? I was looking at 20's for mine and I love how yours sits.

What's the cost and figures for a 180BiTDi?
Love the wheels mate. How much have you got it lowered? I was looking at 20's for mine and I love how yours sits.
cheers :D I'm not sure exactly how much it's lowered, I've got bilstein b14 coilovers on it with 21 inch bbs chr alloys, the bilsteins are expensive but the ride quality etc is brilliant compared to the cheaper versions...... you get what you pay for in my eyes!

We suggest fitting the pedal box as well to a DSG, reducing the DSG lag when pulling away. Fitted, we charge £600 for both. Figures wise, DTUK quote approx 215-220BHp - You just need to drive one to see what difference it makes. Better fuel economy too, once you've stopped thrashing it about.
Hi, I'm presuming the figures you have stated are at the flywheel?

Cheers
Paul

Hi paul can you tell what size tires your running on them 21" rims and is the speedo far out at all do you no?

Hi mate,

I run 265/35/21 and the Speedo is bang on accurate, what are you thinking of putting on yours?

Cheers

I am looking for some concave spoke rims like these but i am struggling finding any i like with the correct load rating for my T32. I like the 21" as your get the lower look :). i will be fitting bilsten adjustable springs and shocks. I will be have chrome/silver i think maybe with black backs
large.jpg t6 wheels.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking for some concave spoke rims like these but i am struggling finding any i like with the correct load rating for my T32. I like the 21" as your get the lower look :). i will be fitting bilsten adjustable springs and shocks. I will be have chrome/silver i think maybe with black backs
View attachment 4004 View attachment 4005

Yeah that's the biggest problem with finding wheels, I've spent more hours searching for the right fitment wheels tgan you would believe!
I have the bilstein b14 coilovers on mine, had them on my last van and can't fault them in any way!
Good luck with the wheels!

Back