New T6.1, your opinion on options?

vdub155

Hello im Alan,

Longtime lurker so I thought as I'm about to purchase a T6.1, i thought I should join the ranks and I also have questions!

So I'm about to buy a T6.1 T32 SWB Kombi 150 DSG Highline, these are the options I've selected, what do you think?

LED headlamps
Cab Carpet
Reversing Camera
Tailgate powerlatch
Twin Electric sliding doors
Washer level indicator and heated nozzles
Four keys :)
Bulkhead
Twin swivel captains
metallic paint
electronically controlled AC and second heating system

My only other reservation is around sound deadening is it worth paying for aftermarket sound deadening? Otherwise I will add a few things like splitter, wheels, coil overs etc when I've received it!

What do you think?

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. It looks like you’ve specced a beauty. I’m not sure if they are available currently, but heated seats would be on my list. The only thing you’ve not mentioned is the colour????

I think the only thing extra I would have, and I’ve specced on my van, is Direct TPMS which displays the tyre pressure for each wheel. I have this on my car and it’s really useful. I only wish I’d ticked LED headlights.

I had electric sliders on my Velle , it was 5 yo but had more trouble than they where worth. I believe the seats are not height adjustable with swivels, try to sit in one with swivel fitted see how it feels. I need mine as low as possible never opted for them..

Hello im Alan,

Longtime lurker so I thought as I'm about to purchase a T6.1, i thought I should join the ranks and I also have questions!

So I'm about to buy a T6.1 T32 SWB Kombi 150 DSG Highline, these are the options I've selected, what do you think?

LED headlamps
Cab Carpet
Reversing Camera
Tailgate powerlatch
Twin Electric sliding doors
Washer level indicator and heated nozzles
Four keys :)
Bulkhead
Twin swivel captains
metallic paint
electronically controlled AC and second heating system

My only other reservation is around sound deadening is it worth paying for aftermarket sound deadening? Otherwise I will add a few things like splitter, wheels, coil overs etc when I've received it!

What do you think?
I added 80l tank and love the power latching side door. Yes, recommend doing your own sound deadening, not hard to do it yourself if a bit handy. Plenty of advice on this wonderful forum. I do however recommend paying for the membership, well worth its weight in gold, enjoy.

I think the only thing extra I would have, and I’ve specced on my van, is Direct TPMS which displays the tyre pressure for each wheel. I have this on my car and it’s really useful. I only wish I’d ticked LED headlights.

Im looking forward to not having TPMS when I get my van. I have it on a Touareg at the moment and it is a real pain. When the temperature drops it is constantly alarming when the pressures are fine

Hi Alan,
Similar to what im waiting on :

T30 150 Highline DSG
Reversing camera
6 seats (2+1 in the back)
Leatherette
elec sliding doors
removable towbar
A/S tyres

in Pure grey

Im looking forward to not having TPMS when I get my van. I have it on a Touareg at the moment and it is a real pain. When the temperature drops it is constantly alarming when the pressures are fine
I can’t comment on your car, all I know is TPMS has worked faultlessly on my BMW for the last 2 years I’ve had it. I left it standing for 5 weeks last month and when I got back it warned me of low pressure and I just did a recalibrate when I’d pumped the tyres back up and all is fine again. I also like how it displays the pressures on the screen and I’ve no reason to doubt it won’t work on the van. I’ll report back when I get the van next spring.

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. It looks like you’ve specced a beauty. I’m not sure if they are available currently, but heated seats would be on my list. The only thing you’ve not mentioned is the colour????
That’s a very good question, I didn’t see it on the list and now you’ve mentioned it, I want it! Lol but seriously do VW do heated seats on the T6.1?

Hi, I've just registered to the forum as I've ordered my first transporter today...however the options are driving me crazy! Is there a thread i've missed with most useful, my head is gong to explode, but I have to finalise tomorrow's before it all goes to work. Help...(I am pleased and excited), but as its a lot of money want to make sure I get the right bits done now, realising that some can be retro fitted, some can't or are better factory fitted) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi, I've just registered to the forum as I've ordered my first transporter today...however the options are driving me crazy! Is there a thread i've missed with most useful, my head is gong to explode, but I have to finalise tomorrow's before it all goes to work. Help...(I am pleased and excited), but as its a lot of money want to make sure I get the right bits done now, realising that some can be retro fitted, some can't or are better factory fitted) ‍♂

I feel your pain! what base van? Depending what you need... I've got LED lights front and rear, reversing camera, leatherette seats, heated seats and towbar prep... the rest i though i can be sorted later if i need it.... Got the full camper conversion to do though

I feel your pain! what base van? Depending what you need... I've got LED lights front and rear, reversing camera, leatherette seats, heated seats and towbar prep... the rest i though i can be sorted later if i need it.... Got the full camper conversion to do though
Pleased it's not just me then; as I plan to own it for a while I've kind of gone all in! T32 Kombi Highline, 199 (or what I have now been told will be back to 204) 4 motion in pure grey. I've added (so far), LED lights, Discover media, Swivels (single seats) plus 2+1 in the rear, Towbar, reverse camera, twin auto side doors and am contemplating auto tailgate, but everything I look at I think will be helpful, but it's all adding up. Not sure what to have/get rid of...been looking non stop for about 48 hours...

Pleased it's not just me then; as I plan to own it for a while I've kind of gone all in! T32 Kombi Highline, 199 (or what I have now been told will be back to 204) 4 motion in pure grey. I've added (so far), LED lights, Discover media, Swivels (single seats) plus 2+1 in the rear, Towbar, reverse camera, twin auto side doors and am contemplating auto tailgate, but everything I look at I think will be helpful, but it's all adding up. Not sure what to have/get rid of...been looking non stop for about 48 hours...
Yep! It really does add up!

Yeah, I could of quite easily gone for a higher spec and more options, but comes down to, do i really need it ?

Back