New t6.1 on the way - best dealer mats

JRM

Hi, got a t6.1 panel van on the way - the guy is including the mats as part of the deal. He's asked whether i want carpet or rubber? The van has got a rubber (i think) floor at the moment. I'm not sure its rubber, but its not carpet at least - but i cant be certain :D

So, which is best? Eventually the van will be carpeted in front (i hope) but i'll be living with it as it is for a while at least.

Thanks

OEM Monster mats (rubber) are awesome. For ultimate protection.

The OEM carpet mats are also nice.

I have OEM carpet floor, with OEM carpet mats ontop. Then OEM Monster rubber mats ontop of those......

The carpet underneath will stay basically brand new.

Just had a thought.... are the dealer mats the ones with the holes in that locate onto the pins fitted into the carpet? If so, do the carpets already have the pins fitted from the factory? I never fitted them in our car, and the mats are just loose in the footwell and absolutely fine. I'm reluctant to let VW fit the pins in the carpet, should i be worrying though?

Thanks!

The floor will be plain, the pins come with the mats, they have a kind of spiral skewer on the back that you just stab into the floor and twist/screw in, once removed the hole is not very noticeable and tends to be covered with replacement mats so not too critical

Sounds like the same sort of thing that came with the car, but i never fitted! My parents golf had them in 2002 - fitted by the dealer. I seem to recall that when they sold it the pins were starting to pull on the carpet, and were a bit loose and the bit of carpet around the pins had a hole where it had started to open up a bit. To be fair though, the car and the mats were original, so since it was last year they were 20 years old. I suppose they did very well. I am hoping to get 20 years out of the van too.

Would it best for me to fit them, or let the dealers do it then?

Thanks

Ok, bit of an oversight.... the van i'm getting doesnt have carpet in the floor, its got the rubber/plastic flooring in the cab - i forgot that! Does that change things?!

Thanks - sorry for my silly questions

Ok, bit of an oversight.... the van i'm getting doesnt have carpet in the floor, its got the rubber/plastic flooring in the cab - i forgot that! Does that change things?!

Thanks - sorry for my silly questions
Want to swap? I have a new one coming with carpet. No good to me. Will be changing immediately.

When the dealer fitted my mats they left the clips taped to the bottom of the carpet!!! I found them the first time I took the carpet out to clean the floor. I’ve never fitted them and the carpet doesn’t move (I’ve got a carpeted cab floor).

Carpet in the cab is the way forward. (Assuming it’s not a work van.
Mine came with the standard rubber type cab floor covering. One of the first things I bought was a luxury grade cab carpet set from Vanstyle. They gave me a set of spiral skewer fixings but I opted for HD Velcro to hold in place.
Feels so much better with carpet in the cab. So much so I often drive in my slippers! :D Not really!

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Back