New T6.1 Conversions

Rowls1958

I’m just taking delivery of a new T6.1 - I intend to convert soon but just realised all the current pop top roofs won’t fit due to the new antennae on the roof !!!!

Does anyone know if any of the pop top roof manufacturers are developing one ?

Thanks

Hi Rowls,

exactly same situation for me in France. My van is arrived in VW last week.
I’m in contact with 2 converters who deals with Hilo and SCA pop top roof, but they don’t have any information for now.
No confirmation about shark antenna fixation and removable possibilities...
:thumbsdown:o_O
Continuing to search solutions
Guitune

Hi Rowls,

exactly same situation for me in France. My van is arrived in VW last week.
I’m in contact with 2 converters who deals with Hilo and SCA pop top roof, but they don’t have any information for now.
No confirmation about shark antenna fixation and removable possibilities...
:thumbsdown:o_O
Continuing to search solutions
Guitune
Hi Guilin
Merci, yeh not good......I’ll let you know if I find anything out

If your convertor can’t get round an aerial on the roof then he ain’t worth working with. Surely it’s a simple job to remove the aerial of the old roof and fit it to the pop top :confused:

I wonder how they do it on the new California

Do we know for sure what that little device does ?
My transit custom has one and it’s for the ford app that connects to van and reports info

Carries wifi signal via a preloaded sim card for the headunit and multimedia etc. To my knowledge it is nothing more than a MiFi.
DAB still in mirror.
Doesn't require the metal plain of the roof. Therefore it can go anywhere..

Does anybody know how this new antenna 6.1 is fixed to the roof ?
Screwing, glueing ? (both solutions are used by OEMs)

If glueing, it means it could be be impossible to remove without scratching ! -> is the exterior plastic part already available in VW Aftermarket ?

I'm also interested in this. I wanted an Austops roof but they have no solution yet. Van is arriving 1st March and still can't book it in anywhere :(

If your convertor can’t get round an aerial on the roof then he ain’t worth working with. Surely it’s a simple job to remove the aerial of the old roof and fit it to the pop top :confused:
I'm sure they will get around it but it's a big leap of faith to hand over a new van without knowing what the fix will look like. Also fitting the aerial on the top of the pop-top will take the van over 2m tall.

I’m just taking delivery of a new T6.1 - I intend to convert soon but just realised all the current pop top roofs won’t fit due to the new antennae on the roof !!!!

Does anyone know if any of the pop top roof manufacturers are developing one ?

Thanks
We had our roof fitted at Hilo HQ in December, the chap that picked us up from train station mentioned this, the following day they were off to take a 6.1 to bits for this exact reason. If you’re considering a Hilo roof, give them a call. As with most things there’s always a solution...

We had our roof fitted at Hilo HQ in December, the chap that picked us up from train station mentioned this, the following day they were off to take a 6.1 to bits for this exact reason. If you’re considering a Hilo roof, give them a call. As with most things there’s always a solution...
I was looking at a HiLo but was put off by the loss of headroom in the back

Hi all, mines in the process of being converted at the moment and should be done within a week or so. When asked, the conversion company said they've tested it all and theres no signal loss whatsoever when they simply lower everything inside the vehicle and then install the pop top roof. All tucked away nicely apparently and works fine. I will update oyu all when I get the van and test it out.

Hi all, mines in the process of being converted at the moment and should be done within a week or so. When asked, the conversion company said they've tested it all and theres no signal loss whatsoever when they simply lower everything inside the vehicle and then install the pop top roof. All tucked away nicely apparently and works fine. I will update oyu all when I get the van and test it out.
Hi which pop top are you having? is it one with a fixed front 'pod'. Surely there will be a hole in the roof that needs covering somehow?

Hi which pop top are you having? is it one with a fixed front 'pod'. Surely there will be a hole in the roof that needs covering somehow?
It;s a Reimo pop top roof. I'm guessing i will see soon. I've asked for pics in progress.

It;s a Reimo pop top roof. I'm guessing i will see soon. I've asked for pics in progress.
Hi, I'm a new member, just put down a deposit on a T6.1 and wondering if you can tell me how things worked out with your pop top and the antenna on the front of the roof?

Reactions: CAB
Hi, I'm a new member, just put down a deposit on a T6.1 and wondering if you can tell me how things worked out with your pop top and the antenna on the front of the roof?
Hi, sorry for the late reply. The antenna was simply put into the area where the interior light cluster is and gap on the roof filled with a rubber grommet.

Back