Sold New Set Of Winter Wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Ok, so I know I'm going to get some stick for this, and it won't come as a great surprise to those that know what I'm like :whistle: but I have a wonderful set of winter wheels that I thought i'd see if anyone wanted on here.

These are the nice 17" steels that come as standard on some T6's. They've been fully stripped and powder coated only a couple of days ago, then fitted a full set of brand new BF Goodrich KO2 tyres 225/65/17, weight rated at 107. The wheels were put on my van to see what I thought, (in fact only 2 were for visuals) They haven't turned a wheel yet, so are Brand new. Anyone running B14's that want to know if this fits, (@Buggirl ) then yes is fits with plenty of room inside the arches, and i'm on the lowest setting.
Why are they for sale? Simple, I don't like how they look on my van. Before anyone mentions giving them a chance, trying spacers etc etc, I just don't like them. I'm so used to how it sits on my wide banded steels, that this just isn't working for me, even as just a winter wheel it's just not my thing.
I know it's not unusual for me to try something and not like it, then change my mind, but this might be spot on for someone looking for that Swamper look, or you just don't want to ruin your summer wheels during our salty winters.

Caps not included because they are my banded wheel caps.

Price:
Right, these things literally stand me at £900 all in. I don't want to drop the price, but can help with delivery if you're not close to Leicester, because I'm up and down the UK every day, so if I can help, I will.

20180829_130925.jpg 20180829_133706.jpg 20180829_133755.jpg 20180829_130946.jpg

Last edited:
Knew in had this coming from several certain members. :cool:

I should be awarded for producing such cracking bargains. These babies have @Ed Webb name all over them :whistle:

Obviously IMO(which means nothing).. big tyres n low vans don't go.. raise her up @Tourershine then you might have me rethinking..

Ed Webb will be on air before years out.. ;)

Obviously IMO(which means nothing).. big tyres n low vans don't go.. raise her up @Tourershine then you might have me rethinking..

Ed Webb will be on air before years out.. ;)

Nooooooo:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My van stays down there, I love it on the floor, even if it's a little more stiff on the road.

It's my fault, I didn't want to compromise on looks through the winter, and didn't want to ruin my 19s.
If they sell, they sell, if not, I will widen the track with some spacers and use them when the winter hits. It's not really about money, hence why I just wanted back what they owed me, it was just in case someone else wanted this look on a swamper build.
The tyres are getting quite hard to get hold of, and my tyre shop supplier had 1 of these in stock, and the rest came from different places around the UK, but it was the last 4 they could find in that size.

Last edited:
I ran BFG AT KO2s (these tyres) on an L200 and they last forever. If they'd worn 1mm in 20k miles I'd be surprised. They are good in snow and mud but would spin up on ice.

They've had quite a bit of interest, just not off anyone serious :(
So looks like spacers need buying at Busfest and they are my new winters.

whats the estimate arch gap for the front and rears... so the gap between the outside of the tires and the inside of the arch.
I'm running 25mm rear spacers and 15mm fronts and wondering how these could look on mine for winter...... t32 on b14's not wound to the bottom though so I should see a little more clearance than on yours.

whats the estimate arch gap for the front and rears... so the gap between the outside of the tires and the inside of the arch.
I'm running 25mm rear spacers and 15mm fronts and wondering how these could look on mine for winter...... t32 on b14's not wound to the bottom though so I should see a little more clearance than on yours.

On the picture above the tyre top is around level with the arch, but obviously I don't have spacers fitted.

I think you got a slow burner there Tourershine. Wouldn't be no good with my white van, but as Fish said raise it up a touch.
I keep coming back to have a look and i think they look full on. Plus side i have never seen any thing quite like it. Big plus imo.

I think you got a slow burner there Tourershine. Wouldn't be no good with my white van, but as Fish said raise it up a touch.
I keep coming back to have a look and i think they look full on. Plus side i have never seen any thing quite like it. Big plus imo.

I still insist White on White works as well as Black on Black, it's just not a common combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back