New Member.

manta49

Hi I have being driving a Transit Custom for the last 5 years, it was due a change so i went for a T6 150 DSG. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Transit. I will get some driving in it over the next few weeks and and see how i get on.

Hi I have being driving a Transit Custom for the last 5 years, it was due a change so i went for a T6 150 DSG. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Transit. I will get some driving in it over the next few weeks and and see how i get on.

More people will wave, and by wave, I mean in a good happy way, and not the usual 2 finger wave a Transit driver might get now and again :whistle:

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome this reminds me of a pic I took of a sticker on the back of a transit:

S8kJvz+tTqyr5TLRA4V28A.jpg

The irony was this is where I saw it parked:

FZ0B45bIQG+IqEv0H+3dZQ.jpg

VW Van centre near Preston. The owner was having a real good look at the Kombi just to the left of the red Caddy. :fast rofl:

I have the van a while now, likes extra power and love the DSG, found the stop start annoying but managed to disable it. Dislikes compared with the transit, less leg room, more road noise.

IMG_20190530_093852.jpg

A bit of soundproofing works wonders so that's not a problem.

I do have a problem with the T6 legroom as I'm to 6-ft 3 and like to have my seat far enough back that I don't dash my knees all the time and tilted back to ease the pressure on my lower spine. Problem is then I have to stretch to reach the steering wheel. First world problems, but I'd love to know what else you find out about the differences. I am really tempted to cut a bit of the plastic hitting my left knee away so I can get my seat closer... But I know that would be stupid and ugly!

I have the van a while now, likes extra power and love the DSG, found the stop start annoying but managed to disable it. Dislikes compared with the transit, less leg room, more road noise.

How did you disable the Stop Start?

Do tell...

I am sure there is not just me who would like to do this mod?

A bit of soundproofing works wonders so that's not a problem.

I do have a problem with the T6 legroom as I'm to 6-ft 3 and like to have my seat far enough back that I don't dash my knees all the time and tilted back to ease the pressure on my lower spine. Problem is then I have to stretch to reach the steering wheel. First world problems, but I'd love to know what else you find out about the differences. I am really tempted to cut a bit of the plastic hitting my left knee away so I can get my seat closer... But I know that would be stupid and ugly!

My van has a steel bulkhead the seat comes up against it, i think it would go back further if moved the bulkhead back a bit. But that would involve a fair bit of work, i might just live with it.

How did you disable the Stop Start?

Do tell...

I am sure there is not just me who would like to do this mod?

After some internet research the easiest method i found is to remove the small wire going to the battery that measures the voltage for the stop start, tried it a few months ago no more stop start. When i stop now the symbol comes up on the dash with a line trough it, showing it is disabled no error codes or any other faults.

Back