New member-T6 and emission controls

PMT

Hi-I’m new to the T6 forum and would like some advice. After 8 years of owning a 2003 T4 and a lot of woes, I moved on to a 2008 T5 6 years ago, I still own the van and it’s been pretty reliable. I’m thinking of buying a T6 around 2018 to 2020 vintage, however, I’m concerned regarding the complications of the emission controls fitted on the T6’s-are the dpf/ad blue systems reliable or am I about to enter a world of headaches?
Thanks in advance, Paul.

If you don't need to access a ULEZ you might want to consider a Euro 5 van (pre MY17).

Hi-I’m new to the T6 forum and would like some advice. After 8 years of owning a 2003 T4 and a lot of woes, I moved on to a 2008 T5 6 years ago, I still own the van and it’s been pretty reliable. I’m thinking of buying a T6 around 2018 to 2020 vintage, however, I’m concerned regarding the complications of the emission controls fitted on the T6’s-are the dpf/ad blue systems reliable or am I about to enter a world of headaches?
Thanks in advance, Paul.
You’re going to get loads of differing answers that will leave you just as confused as you are now. Some people have had horrible experiences, others (me included) have had no issues at all. I’m happy to bet that the majority of folk get along fine & you only hear about the people with problems.
It is what it is, you either buy an outdated old van with astronomical mileage, that can’t enter one of the ever increasing ULEZ zones without selling a kidney. Or you bite the bullet & move with the times. Prior to my current euro6 t6. 204, I had a 180ps t5. The t6 is better on fuel than the t5 & is theoretically cleaner. It drives just as well at the t5.

I don’t need ULEZ-might go to into Manchester or Liverpool once in a while, once they get up to date with things I’d pay the fee. I just like the look of T6’s with a tail gate and fancied a change.

It’s all stuff that can go wrong, and it’s usually big bucks to get these anti-pollution things fixed/replaced.

Mine’s been 100%, but hopefully down to fastidious (geek levels) of quality fuel, additives and 6 monthly oil/filter changes.

Worst case get it all ripped out, mapped and hope you don’t get a tug by DVSA.

I’m reading through people’s problems with the emissions side of things on the forum-wish I hadn’t started. Probably a small percentage of vans that have issues hopefully. Thanks everyone.

As ever, those with problems are much more likely to post than those without issues. This makes it tricky to assess the prevalence of issues.

Back