New member looking to make the jump!

Magpiev6

Good morning everyone! Possibly looking into buying one of these beasts this year.

Now I've looked and it's very confusing at all the different models All I know is I really like the look of the T6, they just look better imo.

We're not looking to use it for camping, mostly for getting large bulky items in the back when needed. Ideally a 6 seater.

Will these fit in a standard height garage? I'm guessing not?

Any tips of what to look for or avoid would be great please! Thanks!

I would say get the most spec you can as standard
You will probably save a few quid if you don't get a highline....but you'll spend more in the long run if you try to add the extras later on
Also, think if you're going to want a tailgate or barn doors
Tailgates are more desirable and usually come at a premium.....but are a big job if you want to swap over at a later date

Good morning everyone! Possibly looking into buying one of these beasts this year.

Now I've looked and it's very confusing at all the different models All I know is I really like the look of the T6, they just look better imo.

We're not looking to use it for camping, mostly for getting large bulky items in the back when needed. Ideally a 6 seater.

Will these fit in a standard height garage? I'm guessing not?

Any tips of what to look for or avoid would be great please! Thanks!
Hi, what height is your garage? That would tell is for sure if it would fit? I think a lot of them will especially if lowered a lot.

As for extras I would say:

1 OEM LED headlights (most important in most peoples opinion).
2 DSG

Welcome @Magpiev6

I went through this all last year, It's slightly different for me as i chose mine for a camper conversion... but here are hopefully some useful tips i learnt:
Mine is a T6.1, but the below still applies i think...

1. OEM LED headlights are amazing! I wouldn't consider buying a van without them after experiencing them!
2. I went for a Tailgate, more desirable for looks and for shelter with muddy boots!
3. I went for a T30 for the extra weight of a Camper conversion, Any idea what weight you want to carry?
4. I chose a 150PS engine to give me a bit more power with the conversion weight.
5. I got a Highline model for the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Air Conditioning and more importantly.... Looks! :p
6. I got the standard stereo unit as i use my Android phone connected to the stereo for the Navigation.
7. Rear view camera!... Love it!
8. Parking Sensors front and rear... Bonus!

Hope that helps!

In case you haven't got that far, you are looking for a Kombi, which has a second row of seats, and windows on either side of them. The rest of the van at the back is empty.

A Shuttle has three rows and windows all round, you can remove either of the rows. There is often significant space taken up in the back by heating and aircon, but still loads of room, it is a van after all.

Everything else is down to price, i.e. engine power, gearbox, stereo etc. Highline is the middle specification with cab aircon, cruise control and a few other things. But lots of vans have added extras.

As said above, get the original VW LED headlights if you can stretch to it and you do any night driving, the basic lights are legal but shockingly bad and a pain to swap, but doable.

Not got either myself, just waste a lot of time on the forum reading everyone else's posts!

Hi, it’s always worth looking at dealers demo or courtesy stock. I got a trend line with upgrades for a reasonable price,

T32 Kombi, 150ps
13k miles
Tailgate
Ply lined
Air con
Rear view camera
ACC
MFSW
Front and Rear parking sensors

Cracking van With a couple of services thrown in,

Like Skyliner33 says it depends on your garage dimensions- dont forget if you have and up and over garage door this reduces the height slightly, as it'll be tight you also need to consider how your driveway slopes (if this is a factor).

The standard height van fits in most underground carparks at 1.9m high.

Back