New engine at 12k miles

Caravellet6

T6 Legend
It’s been a while since I visited the forum but wanted to pass on some engine news.

First service at two years and 12k miles.
Garage find crankshaft oil seal is leaking.
Garage install new oil seal but it won’t sit straight.
VW tech advise the crank is out of tolerance.
VW can’t supply a crank, nor a short engine, so a whole new engine is on back order!
Expensive for VW but I’m enjoying the loan Q5 Quattro!

Perhaps get them to fit a petrol engine, given some of the posts and concerns on the forum pages

Ok, so got the van back today, the dealer JCT600 at Wakefield have been brilliant!
New engine is fine, pulls well and the bit of lag I had in the DSG has completely gone, even in reverse, was it engine, or have they updated software, who knows?
Anyway anyone want to know the bill to VW........
Not far short of £8k all in!

Thanks.
I can do around 50k a year, so experience has taught us that we can pick up issues pretty quickly with our vans.
Glad you finally got yours sorted.

Ok, so got the van back today, the dealer JCT600 at Wakefield have been brilliant!
New engine is fine, pulls well and the bit of lag I had in the DSG has completely gone, even in reverse, was it engine, or have they updated software, who knows?
Anyway anyone want to know the bill to VW........
Not far short of £8k all in!
My 204 dsg is bloody awful in reverse, especially if there is some drag, i.e. going uphill; on soft ground etc; to the point you have to rev it quite high, and then it is a little out of control when it starts moving backwards.
Was yours similar before?, and is it better now? just out of interest

My 204 dsg is bloomin awful in reverse, especially if there is some drag, i.e. going uphill; on soft ground etc; to the point you have to rev it quite high, and then it is a little out of control when it starts moving backwards.
Was yours similar before?, and is it better now? just out of interest
Mine was the same in reverse, my drive is uphill and always had to rev it to get moving.
Parking it tonight it started inching back in reverse at idle, light throttle and reversed no problem, no need to rev it like before.
Dunno if it’s the new engine is different or if they have updated the software?
Pulling away from stationary it’s an instant response none of the slight hesitation I used to get.

Mine was the same in reverse, my drive is uphill and always had to rev it to get moving.
Parking it tonight it started inching back in reverse at idle, light throttle and reversed no problem, no need to rev it like before.
Dunno if it’s the new engine is different or if they have updated the software?
Pulling away from stationary it’s an instant response none of the slight hesitation I used to get.
I'll give my dealer a call and see if they know

Ok so a week in with the new engine fitted and it’s like chalk and cheese.

Instant pick on acceleration, none of the old DSG lag, pulls much harder, wonderful to drive.

So, I wonder, was my old engine just crap or have VW improved the engine/software?

How are new DSG owners finding their driving experience?

I find my 150 DSG great in terms of pick up and gear selection.
I find it occasionally holds the lower gears for slightly longer than I'd like when I'm accelerating gently, but overall its a pleasure to drive.

Ok so a week in with the new engine fitted and it’s like chalk and cheese.

Instant pick on acceleration, none of the old DSG lag, pulls much harder, wonderful to drive.

So, I wonder, was my old engine just crap or have VW improved the engine/software?

How are new DSG owners finding their driving experience?

My DSG box came out two weeks ago to fix an oil leak. I thought it was going better, but thought it was the normal: someone moved my seat / steering wheel thingy.

But now you mention it, it is smoother, less hesitation, and changes are certainly slicker. I will try the 'old' reverse up hill test in the next couple of days , as I had noticed how properly 5hite it was previously.

Back