New electric bits

Martin Gibson

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I had a growing list of electric bits i had that needed fitted to the van,W8 light,footwell lights front and rear,sequential indicators for the mirrors,puddle lights for the mirrors and also needed to wire the ambient lighting in the Caravelle door cards that have been in for ages. I was talking to a friend about it and he was talking about doing pretty much the same jobs on his Sportline 5.1 but instead of using posi-taps etc,he said he was going to make looms for everything with plugs etc so everything could be unplugged if needs be ie to remove the door cards to get them trimmed or to replace a mirror if some accident occured or whatever. Anyhow,some helmet of a delivery driver reversed into the back of his Sportline,knocking the front end into a wall whilst it was parked outside his garage so while it is getting fixed and after a big of nagging and arm twisting,he has just done mine instead,result! Obviously it has cost a lot more than it would have had i done it because he has used vw repair wires and plugs etc but it is way better than anything i could have done. He has wired the W8 light as @Deaky done his so that the lights on the courtesy circuit(interior lights,footwell lights front and rear and the puddle lights) are all now switchable on and off by the W8 light which itself is connected,along with the door ambient lighting to the dimmer for the dash lights. He ran two seperate looms down each side of the van with each one going down the A-pillars and B-pillars for the seperate parts and followed the factory looms so that it pretty much all looks OEM,which was exactly how i would have liked to have done it but would not have been up to the job as i do not even have a soldering iron! I am really happy with the results,thanks to @saxoboy for some of the bits,@Deaky for most of the ideas and Mike at M-tech Carlisle for doing the work for meIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1114.jpgIMG_1115.jpgIMG_1117.jpgIMG_1118.jpg

Last edited:
Back