Neither Do I!

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Well, this is a rather confusing situation to be in.. however,the answer to this question in the magazine is simple..

...each to their own!

1535803867157190178415215081046.jpg

What an absolute waste of good magazine space that could of been used for a perfectly sensible question.

Why did I spend just short of £50k with vat on something I've torn apart and replaced with things I prefer? Because I can and because it's mine.

That example is simply an exercise on what's possible and I suspect has paid for itself in work to Hinkley Camperwrx.

As I own neither and without starting a big debate what is the price difference ?

What does a new factory model cost vrs building your own with similar VW equipment.

I know building your own allows full control of spec but for example does it save significant money if that's your plan? When retirement looms I'd quite like the idea of a camper but I'm not too bothered about expensive top notch equipment but obviously wouldn't buy cheap crap that has zero quality and life expectancy. So would I save money using a convertion company and paying out their labour bill ?

As I own neither and without starting a big debate what is the price difference ?

What does a new factory model cost vrs building your own with similar VW equipment.

I know building your own allows full control of spec but for example does it save significant money if that's your plan? When retirement looms I'd quite like the idea of a camper but I'm not too bothered about expensive top notch equipment but obviously wouldn't buy cheap crap that has zero quality and life expectancy. So would I save money using a convertion company and paying out their labour bill ?

Last I looked new top end Cali's were £70k.
Yes they hold their value very well, but I bet you can build even the highest spec camper for far less.

Last I looked new top end Cali's were £70k.
Yes they hold their value very well, but I bet you can build even the highest spec camper for far less.

That's what I would expect so glad to hear it's true. 70k is silly money :eek:

So I'd do that I just did and buy a 12 month old van saving loads of money already and do a mid range convertion spec spending more or less cash on the items I want.

Ok if I won the lotto then 70k doesn't matter but saving 10s of grand pages for lots of trips away.

Who would do such a thing. Madness :whistle:

Actually he could have bought a dictionary instead of spending all that money on a magazine.

I mean, a dictionary has all the right words in.

:p

Its also about having the ability to future proof/personalise your van/bus to what YOU want..
Why have a one trick pony when you have have many tricks in one van.. thus saving money..
Car
Caravan.
Van
Hotel
Tent
B&B..

One night get aways,
Family holidays
Etc.

Over 5-10yrs of van life how much would you van then?

What a tool. If someone wants to do that sort of thing, it is up to them, who gives a monkey’s what some teewat thinks who just wants to get a letter posted in a mag.

What a tool. If someone wants to do that sort of thing, it is up to them, who gives a monkey’s what some teewat thinks who just wants to get a letter posted in a mag.
And I'm pretty sure that their motive for printing it was so that everyone else could laugh at what a d!ck he is :D

Back